It is so hard to park anywhere. We chose valet but it still took forever. Which wasn't their fault. They were very fast once they got to you. It is downtown but I wish we had picked another hotel. The staff was nice. The room was dirty and the outdoor hallways to get to your room were kind of sketchy looking. The restaurant was very nice. The whole staff was awesome and the food was some of the best I've had. By the time we went to bed I slept for a couple hours but they have a very badly placed "lounge" right in the middle of all of the rooms and I could hear people running and screaming and yelling and laughing for three hours. Not to mention the guests upstairs were it seemed like moving furniture or physically fighting the whole night. Such a bad experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in the heart of Little Italy, only four blocks from San Diego harbor, the Porto Vista Hotel offers a breezy gateway to everything the city has to offer. Whatever you'd like to do, see, taste, or try is only minutes from this hotel on the edge of Downtown San Diego.The quaint bistros, shops and art galleries of Little Italy are right outside our doors. A two-minute cab or trolley ride gets you to Petco Park and the vibrant Gaslamp nightlife district, Old Town San Diego, the museums of Balboa Park, and Qualcomm Stadium. As a truly unique choice among affordable hotels in San Diego the Porto Vista features impeccable service in a dynamic central location. Shuttle service is provided to nearby locations including Airport, Cruise Terminal, Convention Center, Amtrak, Gaslamp Quarter/Horton Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion