“Authentic Moroccan Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kous Kous Restaurant

Kous Kous Restaurant
Ranked #365 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University
Phoenix, Arizona
“Authentic Moroccan Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

If you haven't had Moroccan food or if you had get down to Kous Kous it's the best Moroccan food I have had. Walking into the restaurant you feel transported to Morocco the smell of the spices, the colorful fabric on the wall and the music works well. The food is out of this world, Moroccan food isn't spicy hot, but full of flavor. Again I could not recommend this place high enough.

San Diego, California, United States
“Overpriced for the quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were excited to try this restaurant on our anniversary. I concur with another trip advisor's review that the special was over priced for the quality. The food was okay, but nothing special. We also had the Sangria (again nothing special) and the bill was $130. I feel the are better restaurants in San Diego for that price. In addition, I asked for a nice romantic table and they sat us next to two loud colleges girls.

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“fun food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The place is pretty funcky, starting form that it occupies a basement space, plaays and eclectic music selection and shows old movies B&W movies on the wall. The service is extremely friendly. The first couple of times we order from the pre-set "banquets" on the menu, since we did not know how to order. I recommend this on your first time, since you get a sampler of good stuff. This time we knew what we wanted. We ordered a selection of appetizers (recommend: B’stila roll, Shak-Shouka and Endive pockets) and three main dishes (for six people, enoug). The tagines are more interesting that the kebabs, but the latter are very good. This tiem we had the berber lamb and the chiken tagines and we could not decide which we liked better, the tastes were so different. Tow more recommendations: get the fruit for dessert, it is fresh and bathed in rose water, delicious. And they have a $10 corking fee, which we like to take advantage of.

• Visited May 2013
Greenwich
“Just do not order the special: a complete waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I found this restaurant way over-priced.Unfortunately, ordering the special made things a lot worse. The amount of food was way too high but the quality just average. Service was very friendly. The air conditioning was not turned on and it was very warm. The setting tries to be Moroccan (focus on the "try"). I liked the rice... What bothers me is that I asked the waiter multiple times if the special may be too much food... He even tried me to order the larger version. We left half of the serving (very heavy in carbs). At USD 35 per person without wine or dessert... I would skip this one.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I just discovered Kous Kous on 4th. Ave. what a find! I can't say enough good things about the wonderful tasting food and service. Do yourself a favor and give it a try...it was outstanding!

• Visited December 2012