“Great service and wonderful atmosphere”

Kous Kous Restaurant
Ranked #441 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great service and wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a really nice environment and would be great for a date. I was there on business....oh well. The server was the same guy we had the year before and he is totally charming. Food feels healthy and delicious, though the chicken tagine was not what we remembered. Maybe we ordered something different. I suggest you get advice from the staff and you won't go wrong.

• Visited October 2012

San Diego, California, United States
“a real north african restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

a really good surprise
The venue is really nice , really well decorated , the food really good , all the tagine were great
The plate are big so be careful with the appetizer.
Good wine

• Visited March 2012
San Diego, CA
“Get the Feast or the Tagines”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Love their lamb tagines and their feast for 2 specials. Their endive / bean salad is yummy. They make their own spicey sauce and it goes well on EVERYTHING. Their rose dessert tea is a wonderful ending. Do not get their fruit dessert. It's not worth the price. You can make it yourself for way cheaper.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Very good but not the best I've had”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The couscous was really good. The chicken kabobs were good too. The lamb shank was probably the best thing here. Other than that, I don't think it was the best moroccan food I've had. I've had better in LA. The sangria is a bit strong but some people prefer stronger sangrias vs a sweeter sangria.

• Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Ornate Furnture in a Cozy Underground Like Space”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What I liked about the place was the area with morrocan furniture and the fact that we could sit there even after the cocktails and eat our dinner. If you go and want an appetizer, I highly recommend their B’stila roll (Baked Stuffed Phylo). To die for ! FOr my main course, I got the Fassi Lamb Shank Tagine. The meat was so tender it fell off the bone at the slightest touch of my fork. I'm down for going again !

Visited June 2012