TripAdvisor
San Diego
Post
Inbox
Search

“As a pizza lover, this place was heaven”
Review of Pizza Nova

Pizza Nova
Order Online
Ranked #133 of 5,855 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Seriously one of the best pizzas I have had. The service we received this night was top notch. Their choices of beer was a little disappointing for a simple country boy like me but I eventually found one that I like. Lots of choices in pizza toppings and crusts. Its a small but cozy place.

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (646)

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I've been to this establishment about 10 years ago and really enjoyed it so decided to grab a quick pizza dinner before my flight back home. The hostess was extremely accommodating (as we told her we were in a rush) and seated us in the tables up front. The garlic knot appetizers were to die for. Not so garlicky that it overpowered but nicely infused with rosemary. I could've eaten more. We ordered a margarita and a prosciutto arugula pizza. Both very good although I'm an East Coast girl so I can only say "very good" and not "excellent"! Other nice items on the menu which I didn't order due to time but I've had their salad in the past and everything was fantastic. Very neat and clean. I was expecting it to look a little more run down since I was here 10 years ago but it looked just as updated and clean as before. Only 5 minutes from the airport so a BIG plus.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

All the fish dishes were delicious.
Service was fabulous. Locals frequented and recommended it to us.
Pizzas were great. The food plentiful and presentation very pleasant

A good array of local good wines.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

We were told our wait would be 30 minutes but were called earlier. We had a nice table by the window...the garlic bread they bring to the table was so good, kids loved their pizza.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Yeah, it's true. We parked here to have lunch at Mitch's. It was a little after one, we were hungry and couldn't find a space. We borrowed one of their four empties, and hoofed it down for seafood. Divine payback: uninspired lunch (although a great view).

We stopped in Pizza Nova for dessert! Now that was inspiring, huge warm chocolate chip cookie covered in vanilla ice cream streaming a wonderful multi-berry compote. Having completely enjoyed a dinner here last summer prior to a Huey Lewis evening at Humphrey's, we shoulda oughta gone for the gold.

Ah, next time! Sorry, Pizza Nova. My loss.