“Good, not necessarily great”
Review of Royal India

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th avenue
Washington
“Good, not necessarily great”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I ate here while in San Diego for a meeting. In the Gaslamp area so close to many hotels. I am a little biased as I have a great Indian restaurant where I live. The service was fast and the atmosphere very nice. The food was good, a four out of five, but not fantastic. The rice was so so but my entree was very good. I like my food spicy and it was right on.

Price was reasonable given trendy downtown San Diego. Overall good break from all the "American" restaurant choices

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was visiting San Diego and went there with a few friends to celebrate happy occasions. We made reservations which appears to be the way to go. The service was good and the restaurant has a nice ambiance. The appetizers were tasty especially the naan. The naan is soft and moist and I could have eaten so much more of it. One friend had the Lamb Rogan Josh, one the Sheek Kabab Curry, the other a curry chicken dish and I had the Shrimp Biryani. We had plenty of food to share with one another and ALL enjoyed our meals. The only problem with eating here is that it is almost impossible to find a parking spot and they do not offer valet service. The good news is that one block up from the restaurant is a valet service for $15. I would definitely recommend eating here to anyone craving good Indian food.

• Visited May 2013
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant whilst on holiday from Scotland, I found the staff, service and helpfulness of everyone fantastic, my husband and I both enjoyed our meals, the madras was really good and the cocktail lush.

• Visited May 2013
Newport, RI
“Nice selection, good meal.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We needed a quick lunch and this restaurant was able to accommodate. Nice atmosphere. In a good location in the Gaslamp district.

As usual I have a hard time selecting a meal in an Indian restaurant due to the many choices but that's not a complaint. I wound up choosing a salad with a grilled chicken breast cooked with Indian spices. It was very good.

The rest of the folks at my table chose curry dishes and I was able to try a couple of them and they were very good as well.

Service was good, the restaurant was clean. If I were in that neighborhood again and looking for Indian I'd return.

• Visited April 2013
Sandy Spring, Maryland
“Great Lunch value close by!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was great. All items are half price for lunch so we picked a few to share. They had several types on Naan to try. All were great.

They allowed you to customize the amount of spice you wanted on every dish. That was great!

Visited March 2013

Been to Royal India? Share your experiences!