“If you like to try new things...this is for you!”
Review of Soleil k

Soleil k
Reserve with OpenTable
Soleil k is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,067 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th
Description: Among the Best Restaurants in Gaslamp District! Find something fresh, bold and creative at our a unique downtown San Diego dining destination. Offering delectable cuisine all day, with the best breakfast in San Diego’s Gaslamp District, a fresh yet hearty lunch, and a tantalizing dinner to round out the day. Enjoy these added perks when you dine with us: Priority access to Altitude Sky Lounge—no waiting in line to get upstairs Complimentary valet parking for three hours The exclusive Eat, Drink, Park special, available during Padres games During baseball season, join us during Padres games to enjoy a special Game Day Menu.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

At first I was hesitant when I saw the menu, but this was recommended by the concierge at our hotel so we decided to try it. The appetizers (all three) that our waiter recommended were awesome and probably not something I would've ordered on my own. The shrimp appetizer was delish as was the Ahi Tartar.
I had the mahi, which was good, however I did'nt like the sauce it had on it (and I'm not a picky eater). The brussel sprouts were fantastic btw. My friends had the bacon wrapped filet and the duck which they all said was very good.

I'm a foodie, and I would definitely recommend you give this place a try!

There are newer reviews for Soleil k

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Even if you are not staying at the Marriot where this restaurant is located I would advise that you enjoy the wonderful buffet breakfast. Whatever you are searching for , you will find it here and at a top level in quality, service and incredible choices for breakfast The atmosphere is very tranquil and it is a great way to start the day

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Visited Soleil@k for an evening dinner before going to a show. Upon arrival the valet service was prompt and efficient. As a bonus with dinner at Soleil@k you receive three hours of complimentary valet. A nice touch. At 6;45 on a Friday night the restaurant was completely empty. We chose a table on the patio and the service was prompt and professional.

Food wise the appetizers and salads were well prepared and delicious. The entrees are where the food only gets a good review. The shortribs although soft and well prepared did not have a sauce that stood out, leaving it lacking. As for the fish dish that my wife selected, it was a similar story, good fish, mediocre sauce.

Overall, I would recommend the restaurant for a nice evening out in downtown San Diego.

1  Thank darrenesl
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We ate here for breakfast since it was part of our hotel package.
There was a buffet, which also allowed you to order certain items from the menu. The selection of food in the buffet wasn't huge, but it was typical of a breakfast buffet.
The service was ok. It took a long time to get our food.

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Had breakfast today as part of our hotel package and was delightfully surprised in the broad selection of food that was well done and tasty.