“Excellent Anniversary Dinner”

Island Prime Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Prime Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 5,266 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Resting on stilts atop San Diego Bay overlooking the city skyline and Coronado, there’s nowhere better than Island Prime & C Level to experience quintessential San Diego.
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Reservations a must for this popular setting waterfront side on Harbor Island on San Diego Bay. Started with a drink in the lounge while waiting for our table. Luckily they were able to accommodate our request for a waterfront table but clouds covered a normally vibrant sunset. Our server Jordan was consistently on top of our every need! My wife had the wedge salad and filet/Prawns. I had the Australian Angus strip steak that was excellent! One of the top 2 steaks I've ever had. Other one was at Roy's in Poipu Beach, Kauai about 7-8 years ago. Valet parking available @$7.50.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

This was our second time here and I would definitely return again. We came with friends celebrating a birthday. The white prawn appetite and wedge salad was tasty. The wedge was different with dried onions on it which enhanced the flavor of the wedge. There were only 3 prawns but the largest I have ever seen and the dipping sauce delicious.

Entrees - prime rib, salmon, ny steak, and bison. All were cooked perfectly and delicious. The bison was a pleasant surprise. Tender and not gamey at all. The au gratin potatoes was rich but very satisfying. We also received a complimentary birthday dessert of banana cream tart. As with the rest of our food, the dessert was delicious.

As good as the food was and definitely worth coming back for, our server, Dylan, made the evening perfect. Personable, friendly, and just a regular guy. You could tell he loved working here. Dylan and the wait staff didn't let our beverages go empty and allowed us to enjoy our meals. They were non intrusive but attentive. Dylan is from Sonoma and made us former Bay Area people feel right at home.

You can't miss with this restaurant or with Dylan! I will look for him the next time we are in SD and in need of a great meal.

The 5 stars is for food and service. There is a lack of parking which then requires $7 for valet. There is only about 20 spaces of free parking for C Level, Island Prime and another restaurant.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Traveling in the west of USA and came to San Diego just for two nights.
For the second night reserving was impossible for the restaurant was full and we didn't want to miss the experience.
We came for dinner, five people.
As we were quite tired we went only for the main course.
Most of us enjoyed the meal.
We had: Snake River Farms (Ribeye), Black Kale Salad, Aspen Ridge Flat Iron, Roasted Jidori Chicken Breast and Lamb Chops.
I think I was given a slice of sirloin instead of the ribeye I've ordered although it was well treated.
The wine was good and the waiter made remarkable effort and succeeded.
Tap water tasted terrible cause they are served with cucumber slice. But they were replaced to my request.
In the and we paid exaggerated price.
Almost everything was good but not worth the price.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Island Prime is a great spot for business dinners: location, view, service and food. I enjoyed the Filet Mignon and we shared Brussel Sprouts and Au Gratin Potatoes. We selected the Daou Cabernet from the (iPad) wine list... An excellent evening!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

This place had good portions of food and wonderful views. There was also a nice wine deal for lunch when we went -- buy one get one for 10 cents from a certain list. But, it was a little overpriced. A simple cod sandwich with fries was $19.