“Outstanding find!”

Island Prime Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Prime Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Resting on stilts atop San Diego Bay overlooking the city skyline and Coronado, there’s nowhere better than Island Prime & C Level to experience quintessential San Diego.
Aldie, Virginia
“Outstanding find!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Been coming to SD for over 7 years - first time at IP last evening. Unbelieveably good - service, from the valet attendant to the busboy, polite, knowledgeable, caring. Standout service was provided by Ashley! This has become my go to place in SD. Views are tremendous, food is outstanding, was one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had!

Modesto, California
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I read the reviews here and thought this would be a good place to celebrate my birthday. Well, I was wrong. The only thing this restaurant has going for it is the view and wine list. We ordered a very expensive bottle of wine and not once did the waiter come by to refill our glasses. In fact, we never saw the waiter after we placed our order. Someone else brought the food and picked up our plates. We ordered the fish of the day which was explained to us as being a filet and very buttery, however it was thick and dry and didn't have much flavor. I ordered a baked potato and it was obviously microwaved. The new potatotes that came with the fish were hard. My husband ordered the cauliflower fritters. They were tasteless. Neither one of us ate our dinner. The waiter never came by to ask how our meal was. Good thing, because he would not have liked what we had to say. Needless to say, I was very dissappointed in our dining experience and will never return to this restaurant.

2 Thank hhaarrlleeyy
SACRAMENTO
“Wonderful food and view”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The view was spectacular, the wait staff were knowledgeable and available without being around constantly, and the food was tremendous. They serve very large portions, so you might consider sharing.

Visited April 2014
Essex, Vermont
“A great water view, stellar service, & wonderful menu!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A friend who lives in San Diego treated me to this spot. I was thrilled with the location on the water and the general vibe this place throws off. There was a great energy in this restaurant and the wait staff is great and very attentive. There were a ton of great menu choices and plenty of specials. They have both regular and valet parking. It was busy, so I recommend planning ahead. I would go back in a second!

San Diego, California
“Fabulous food and even better view”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Although the prices are higher than I usually like to pay, it is definitely worth every penny (or dollar). The food is well prepared, presented and served. The view is outstanding. I highly recommend Island Prime and will go there on my next special occasion.

• Visited March 2014