“great view but overpriced food”

Island Prime Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Prime Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Resting on stilts atop San Diego Bay overlooking the city skyline and Coronado, there’s nowhere better than Island Prime & C Level to experience quintessential San Diego.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Read great reviews but was disappointed in the food. Ate meals there two nights due to events but wasn't overly impressed. Filet was just average and not worth the price. The popovers are very good and so was my salad. Had salmon one night and it was just okay. View is the best part of the experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Family picked me up from the San Diego airport and took me directly to this restaurant for lunch. Busy, but seated immediately and menus brought to us. I ordered the blackened fish tacos (tilapia) with salsa of pineapple and mango, others ordered clams and lobster bisque. My tacos arrived--3 huge overfull tacos and a little pot of black beans with a thwok of guacamole on top. Huge bowl of clams arrived, followed by lobster bisque. My tacos were delicious and somehow reminiscent of, well, the islands. I brought 2 tacos home for another meal. All enjoyed our dishes as we watched sailboats pass by through the plate glass windows. Yes, I will definitely return.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed one of our best meals ever here. The service, setting, view, and food was delightful. It was our first night in town and we had just spent the day at the zoo. After dining we were totally refreshed. The meat melted in our mouths, and the triple creme brûlée was heavenly. If only we lived nearby!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The view is amazing, the food is second to none. You must try the lobster starter plate. Great quality, great value and the service is exceptional.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This restaurant has both a fine dining "inside option" and a more casual dining "outside option". It was a very pleasant evening and I wanted to eat lighter fare so I opted for the C Level outside option.

The service and food were both very good. We also got a bit of a "show" as the Coast Guard were conducting rescue exercises using a helicopter and a cutter.

I had the Thai Steak salad and the Pineapple Upside Down Cake for dessert. I also had an excellent glass of Riesling from the Mosel region of Germany. The whole meal was great and the menu is very eclectic so their should be something for everyone in your party. I would recommend Island Prime to anyone.