“Fast and pretty fabulous middle Eastern cuisine!”

Mama's Bakery & Deli
Ranked #2,478 of 4,849 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Lebanese
Reviewed June 28, 2013

With just a short amount of time before a trip to the airport, Mama's was the perfect place to drop in for a very casual meal. Minutes after we placed our order at the closet-sized counter, our food was ready. I love eggplant and was not disappointed with the grilled eggplant wrap. The wrap itself was so flavorful and the serving size meant I got to take about half of it home to enjoy later. My husband ordered a grilled chicken wrap and my nephew had the falafel and hummus plate. The ginger soda was a good accompaniment. There is a covered dining area, nothing fancy about the place, but very good food.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Very tasty lunch--falafel, chicken schwarma wrap, a soft cheese on thin bread. Very reasonably priced; good service; friendly. Doing a good business for a good reason--it's good food.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I adore this place. We usually will order the Chicken Schwarma Wrap and the Falafel Wrap. Very good; Made to order; Hot and Satisfying. They prepare the food for you to eat on site or take away. I have also ordered the Baklava, out of this world good. They have outdoor seating that is great on a beautiful sunny day in San Diego. It is casual, so don't expect musicians touring around.

Parking can be a bit tough sometimes, but it is a nice walk through the neighborhood. They accept credit cards also.
Please visit this restaurant,you won't regret it.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

A friend has been talking about taking me to Mama's for a long time. Her dad is Lebanese and loves this place. We finally went, and it was such a delightful surprise! It is a hole-in-the-wall, but the food is unusual, fresh, and delicious. The baba ganoush was outstanding! Made from grilled eggplant, it tastes lightly smoky. I spread it on my falafel wrap. My friend had an eggplant wrap with the same intriguing flavor. There are many other things on the meny that looked intriguing. I can hardly wait to go back.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Mama's is on a side street in North Park just off busy El Cajon Blvd. It doesn't look like much - you order at a counter facing the sidewalk. But the covered outdoor eating area is lovely, and once or twice they have had soft live music - not bad for a cheap lunch joint! It doesn't hurt that the falafel is excellent.