Andaz San Diego
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Wyndham Harbour Lights(San Diego)
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,681 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalvation armycomplimentary snacksgaslamp districtglass showermini bargreat boutiquepool partythe gas lamp districtbars and restaurantsmodern hotelvalet parkingquiet roomthe check in processhotel guestshotel is greatconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I am not sure if I should be mad at the hotel or at pricelines inability to request specific bed arrangements. Knowing that there is no guarantee for specific bed arrangements (I needed two doubles), I contacted the hotel directly to put in my requst, to which their answer was that they can put it as a request but there still were not any guarantees. We show up at 730 and receive our room which only has a queen. I request for a roll away at least and they stated that roll aways are not provided here due to fire codes but they could have extra pillows and sheets taken upto the room. Okay... so my wife and I go look at the room and the room (albeit nicely decorated) is so small there is not even enough room to lie down on the ground anywhere in the room to try and accommodate our need for more sleeping arrangements. We return downstairs and explain that this would not work and turned in the keys. The staff had no other solutions as they claimed the entire hotel was booked. We did not stay at this hotel. Maybe if there were different circumstances and all I needed was double occupancy, maybe my review could have been much more pleasant... but perhaps not. As we were checking in,another couple tried to check in moments later and they were told their room was already given away. No explanation as to why. I was out 95 dollars (not bad through priceline considering what the hotel was renting the rooms at) and we had to drive home 3 hours with 3 year old moody and tired. Thanks PRICELINE and ANDAZ for ruining what was supposed to be a nice weekend getaway.

1  Thank nvsdr
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This property is modern and gorgeous! I especially love the dark hardwood floors and the incredible bathrooms. The rooftop lounge has great views of the city and is an amazing spot to view San Diego's great downtown. The area is perfect for walking...tons of nightlife and dining right out of your doorstep. If you're looking for trendy, modern chic and boutique, this is it. Special thanks to Lisa in Sales for always taking amazing care of me!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

After having booked a 2 night stay through hotwire and then reading the reviews on here about noise issues, I called right away to make sure I had a "quiet room."

I was extremely anxious and nervous about what it would be like once we got there. All I can say is my fears were unwarranted. We arrived around 6pm and from the moment we entered the lobby, we were treated first class all the way.

The room was small but really sharp and sophisticated with a European feel. There's complimentary wine served in the lobby, and we were able to take advantage of the "happy hour" specials in the bar next door. (Amazing stuffed dates!!!)

Later on my partner and I asked for directions to a nearby dessert restaurant, with the intention of walking. We were told we would be driven in the hotel's courtesy shuttle, which is a black Escalade. WOW. Again, first class.

That night, I realized I'd forgotten to bring along toothpaste. I called down to the front desk, and within 2 minutes, I was brushing my teeth.

We stayed two nights, Thursday & Friday night, and I will say it was noisy in our hallway on Friday night, but not so much to complain about. Also, we had to strain to hear anything from the clubs. We stayed on an outside room on the 5th floor. I'd highly suggest you request a quieter room if you plan on relaxing as we did.

Overall an amazing stay and an absolutely amazing deal!! Only major complaint I can say is parking, but we decided to park our car around Balboa Park, and just leave it there, sticking to the downtown area for our stay. Not a bad idea to consider, and if you need to get anywhere, ask for the courtesy Escalade to drive you!! :P

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Sexy rooms and great service.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I had a king room and it was amazing - whoever decorated the room really did a nice job. The colors blended in nicely, there was a good sized bathroom and a clear shower between the bed and the sink. There is a couch, free internet and a fairly comfortable bed.

Service downstairs is as good as it gets. When you check in, and if you are waiting for anybody, they offer you water, soft drinks or a glass of wine. They are friendly and really want to help.

Unfortunately all of the positives are offset by the lousy soundproofing; it is as if whoever redesigned the rooms completely forgot that the primary purpose of a hotel is to sleep. The windows, while apparently double paned, let in all of the outside noise, even on the higher floors. There is a rooftop lounge which not only lets in all of the music sounds, but if tanything is moved (chairs, heat lamps) you hear the scraping on your ceiling until they close, which can be as late as 4:00. You even hear ithe footsteps and music in the hallways!

If you don't mind the noise it certainly is a unique, fun place. If you want to sleep more than a couple of hours a night stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business