1,760 results
All reviews rooftop bar salvation army complimentary snacks gaslamp district mini bar glass shower great boutique pool party the gas lamp district bars and restaurants modern hotel valet parking quiet room the check in process hotel guests hotel is great convention center
Reviewed March 3, 2016 via mobile

We came to San Diego and spent our first 2 nights at Pier South on Imperial Beach. That was fantastic! Great views, great hot tub, great veranda... Then we spent the following 2 nights at Andaz. I had prepaid and it was non refundable. ( don't do that). The hotel itself was nice enough. The rooms are super small and the bathrooms are almost too small to fit in. Not good if you're claustrophobic for sure. I asked if I'd have a nice city view if I was higher up and the check in person said no. Ok.. But she said if you go to the rooftop you'll get good views. That is true. The rooftop has nice views. But my room.. The view was the Salvation Army with homeless camps lining the building. The rooftop bar was nice except for the fact that there's a children's game area situated right next to it. So if you leave your kids home to get away and don't mind listening to someone else's literally scream and cry then maybe it's for you. I had to get up from my seat and go sit in the pool area to escape that episode. We came during the week so we didn't experience the night club scene that they say is one of hottest. I'm kinda glad...we did have a funny experience where we were returning to our room and nearly missed a flying suitcase coming out a door... Someone got in trouble, I guess!
Anyway, I was underwhelmed. The iPhone dock they advertise Is for a 4 btw. Bring your own charger! Also there's no fan/ back ground noise in the room so you hear every yell/ siren from the street all night long. They tell you water is free and you get a drink on arrival. I never got the arrival drink, and I used the free water the first day and it was never restocked for the remainder of my trip. I see all the good reviews and they confuse me! Have these people not gotten out much?

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa J
Reviewed March 2, 2016

I brought our group in for a meeting at the Andaz and as always they managed to wow us. Service was fantastic from the valet to the banquet staff. Rooms were clean and comfortable, food was great. Updated meeting rooms are beautiful. We will be back!

Reviewed March 1, 2016

Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Reviewed February 29, 2016

Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. The staff is excellent, extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is, however, situated in the gaslamp and so if your desire is a relaxing night in, that's probably going to include ear plugs (which the hotel wisely provides). Especially on the weekends, I cannot understate the noise level of this area. It's extremely, extremely loud. (Until after 3 am)
If you're going to be going out and partying until the wee hours though, you can't find a better location. The hotel is in convenient walking distance to almost everything worth going to downtown.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple