Andaz San Diego
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Wyndham Harbour Lights(San Diego)
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,681 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalvation armycomplimentary snacksgaslamp districtglass showermini bargreat boutiquepool partythe gas lamp districtbars and restaurantsmodern hotelvalet parkingquiet roomthe check in processhotel guestshotel is greatconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I can't say enough about the staff and how absolutely lovely they were. I appreciated the glass of wine and the very relaxed check in. From the moment I walked in the door I knew I was going to be well taken care of. The room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. Complimentary snacks were very much appreciated and the housekeeping staff paid attention to my preferences and restocked the items I was more partial too. The attention to detail in this hotel is what makes it great. I felt like a guest who was valued. My stay was 3 nights and I wish I could have stayed longer. I will be back!

Room Tip: Might be a little noisy on weekends. Location is right in the middle of things. If you want absolute quiet on a weekend this may not be the best choice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Ari D,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our team! I am very glad to hear that you greatly enjoyed your stay with us at Andaz San Diego, and I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you again very soon!
Warm regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Andaz is quite trendy and chic - no question about that. The terrace on the roof is just stunning- beware, pics on the website are misleading, the pool is quite small actually, don't expect to dive and exercise youselves in it, but it's just great to relax and to sunbath. The hotel is quieter than before, when it used to be known as the former "Ivy" with parties all the W.E. they still welcome events, but it's less the absolute zoo it once was when apparently thousands of people gathered on the roof to party all night (can't recall last time I stayed, in 2008 or 2009 I think). You can now have breakfast in RoofTop600, but it's quite expensive and having a breakfast downtown is a reasonable option. The location remains as great as it was: the funny and restless Gaslamp quarter - walking distance from the Convention Center (10-15 min) and from the small mall there is downtown. Since I had no trouble, I can't comment on the staff - young, trendy and polite. Despite being animed at night (especially friday and saturday nights), it's quite safe and funingly enough, late at night the San Diego police pops up from everywhere to clear the whole district. Overall, beautiful hotel - chic and trendy, great and sophisticated rooms, nice location.... but you feel it when paying the bill.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear jo_cicco,
Thank you for taking the time to share details about your stay with us at Andaz San Diego! I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy RoofTop600 and that our team was polite and accommodating! We hope to welcome you back for your next visit to San Diego!
My best,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Andaz is trying hard to be trendy and its youthful staff makes a big effort to be friendly and helpful, but they are barely competent and overall it is a fail. The welcome glass of wine was nice, but it took reception 15 minutes to check us in. Design prevails over functionality; the rooms are reasonably comfortable but lighting is terrible, especially at the mirrors. We were supposedly upgraded to a nicer room but weren't told how noisy it would be from the raucous partying and drinking across the street; there was no sleep between 1 and 3 a.m. The hotel was gracious about switching our room, but it took two efforts to get the key card to function. The fitness center is mostly aerobic, no weight equipment to speak of. The rooftop pool is functional but has seating for only about 15. The nightly rooftop party scene goes until about midnight and the thumping of the bass can be heard and felt in the rooms at least 3 floors down. A loud and drunken hallway party kept our friends awake for hours after 2:00 a.m. and it took multiple calls to security to handle the situation. This is basically a hotel for 20-somethings who like to party most of the night and sleep late; the hotel seems to attract a clientele that drinks to excess and has no respect for other guests. There are many better choices in downtown San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room -- obviously there is no view at all, but it is quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Michael J,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay with us at Andaz San Diego. I am happy to hear that our team was friendly and helpful! However, I am very sorry to hear that you did not have the true Andaz experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in booking your next visit, as we do have more tranquil areas of the hotel.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed over 3 x nights at the end of a 2 x week Pacific Coast Highway road trip.... really nice welcome from helpful staff, efficient check in and allocated king room with city view and glass-walled shower in middle of room, free soft drinks and snacks from mini-bar - and bottle of chilled Prosecco and chocolate covered strawberrys from hotel staff as we were on an anniversary trip....most excellent! Again similar to the Andaz Hollywood his is a boutique style hotel with rooftop bar & pool aimed to attract the young trendies...this has a rooftop nightclub which I believe gets a bit raucous at weekends - we were there mid week which suited us fine.... the pool area can get busy enough during the week but we managed to get sunbeds most of the time even for a couple of hours. The hotel is well-located in the Gaslamp area, easy walking to lots of bars restaurants and shops...this is party-central and again can get rowdy at weekends , fine if you want that sort of thing...mid-week there was enough bars with some really good blues bands on which is more our style...Hotel let us have a slightly later check out as our flight back was in the evening, allowing us to have a more relaxed last day - we'd have got even later check out but this was a friday and they were busy over the weekend....hotel limo transfer back to airport for same fare as a cab....all in all great hotel and great stay for first trip to San Diego...

Room Tip: High floor city view king - be aware of the glass-walled central shower room depending on who you are rooming with....! Also best avoided at the weekend unless you're a party animal...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kendo

Dear Kendo,
Thank you for taking the time to share details about your stay with us at Andaz San Diego! I am very happy to hear that our team was attentive and welcoming, and that you were able to enjoy RoofTop600! We hope to welcome you again very soon!
Best wishes,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is the perfect spot for a getaway with your someone special. It's a sexy hotel from the lobby to the room to the pool bar. Positioned perfectly in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter in the center of the nightlife scene. The staff could not have been more accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Earl T,
Thank you for sharing details about your stay with us at Andaz San Diego! I am so glad to hear that your visit was a true success and that our team was hospitable and attentive! We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!
My best,