Andaz San Diego
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Wyndham Harbour Lights(San Diego)
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,681 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalvation armycomplimentary snacksgaslamp districtglass showermini bargreat boutiquepool partythe gas lamp districtbars and restaurantsmodern hotelvalet parkingquiet roomthe check in processhotel guestshotel is greatconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Let me say first that I love Andaz hotels. But someone, somewhere made the unfathomably stupid decision to put a nightclub in this property. I had a terrific two nights on Tuesday and Wednesday, and got back to my room on Thursday night to find my room pulsing with bass from the club downstairs. Apparently the whole hotel is affected -- on the upper floors you get noise from the DJ at the rooftop bar, on the opposite side of the hotel you get street noise from people waiting to get into the club. I have absolutely no idea what they are thinking here -- they are damaging their brand. If this had been the first Andaz I'd stayed at, it would've been my last.

Hotel staff was very helpful in transferring me over to the Grand Hyatt a mile away. Not as nice, but at least not fatally flawed. Surreal.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank paleshadow
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Unlike my stay at the NYC Andaz I was not impressed with this Andaz, very noisy, service was slow - valet parking in particular, the free mini bar that Andaz's boast of was actually more filled with things they want to charge you for as were the snack trays ($5 for a pack of .79 Oreo cookies??) all in all way too commercial of them I thought. Breakfast was mediocre although the setting was nice on the rooftop. Can't recommend this hotel, alas

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gic1953
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not a terrible place. Good location, decent rooms, cool design. Service is overwhelming to a fault and a bit superficial. The rooftop is awesome, but that comes with a downside.....

My girlfriend and I wanted a quiet long weekend in the sun and stayed here Wed-Sun. Starting Thursday night, both the rooftop and downstairs club take over the Andaz. Bouncers man the doors to the hotel and stand in the elevators, while a long line forms on the sidewalk outside and line ropes fill the lobby. Not the most welcoming way to "come home". As the party on the roof escalated around midnight, the bass pounded through the ceiling of our 6th (top) floor room, making it very difficult to sleep. We requested a quieter room the next day and were downgraded from king to queen on a different floor. A HUGE downgrade in size and quality accompanied by no offer to upgrade or comp room/drinks/etc., as might be expected at a hotel focused on delivering an excellent guest experience and high service. And, while somewhat quieter, we could still hear bass late at night during the rest of our stay.

We travel a lot for fun and work, and never complain about slightly disappointing experiences, but felt that this required a review.

Bottom line: if you want a crash pad that is club first, hotel second, the Andaz is for you. If you're looking for a quiet place to sleep with genuinely impeccable service, San Diego has plenty of great alternatives.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan K
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Everyone was very kind and curteous down to the valet. Our room was incredibly beautiful, spacious, clean, and modern. The turndown service is a very nice touch. On top of all this, within walking distance to the gaslamp. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The staff is so attentive to me and greets me by name. The rooms are great and the restraunts both in and around the hotel are excellent. Both Kind and double queen size rooms are spacious and all have free WIFI to allow work or pleasure. The in house TV allows for many options from movies to games and everything in between.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business