“Stylish, but that's about it”

The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina
Ranked #112 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Boston, MA
“Stylish, but that's about it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Not the place to stay if you are looking for quiet and comfort after a long business day or touring. While the hotel is sleek, trendy, and stylish, and yes the bed is comfortable, the noise outside is LOUD. The music coming from the Hard Rock Cafe and other bars are blaring until 2am on the weekends. I'll find out tomorrow if the same is true for Sunday nights.
The free wireless works intermittently and so the does the ethernet! I couldn't get it work this morning. And now they've run out of caffeinated Lavazza pods - none will be shipped for awhile! For a place that totes having in-room espresso machines, I have not been impressed with it, esp. if all they have is decaf.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Berkeley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

I loved this hotel. I liked the style of the room, especially the shower and sink fixtures - very sleek and modern. I loved having a shower from the ceiling. There was also a wand to use and one could use both at the same time, which is not always possible. There was even a warm fuzzy bath mat and a warm robe and slippers. The pull out closet was fun, The staff was super friendly and concerned that I was happy and having a good time. It was wonderful having an expresso machine (with complementary expresso each day) in the room and I always love free wi-fi. The cookies at bedtime made it perfect!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BerkeleyPanther
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

We love to stay in boutique hotels, so naturally, we picked The Keating. It was extremely trendy and still comfortable. It is not a huge hotel, so it is very easy to get from the lobby to your room. The customer service is amazing! The hotel staff do everything from check you in to valet your car. Parking is extremely limited, so you have to pay $32/day to valet. But the friendliness of the staff helps you forget that.
Rooms are awesome! Extremely modern. Shower water comes from the ceiling. Loved it! Sound system is fabulous. Even the hallways were impressive!
Hotel is also in the middle of everything! A+

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aurora627
san diego ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

As a San Diego, North County, resident, I recently had the opportunity to secure a "staycation" room for my sisters 40th birthday. I researched hotels downtown San Diego & was looking for something different. I came across the Keating & thought it looked like a very hip place to celebrate a special occasion. After bouncing the idea off my friends, they all confirmed that the Keating was the place to be: with its location, incredible service, ambience, & attention to detail -not to mention the after hours bar/club-it seemed to be just what I was looking for. Unfortunately, when I tried to book a room I repeatedly received a busy signal, for over an hr. I was not impressed. Especially in this economic climate. I was so not impressed that I sent an email to Christos Brooks the Reservations Supervisor at The Keating Hotel. The VERY NEXT DAY he sent me an email with an apology stating that: We, at the The Keating, pride ourselves on our level of Personalized Service and attention to detail, and that he was very disappointed to hear the difficulty I experienced while attempting to make my reservation. Furthermore he was unsure as to why I would receive a busy signal, as the phones are monitored around the clock. He further went on to say for me to reach a busy signal for over an hour is unacceptable (way to validate the customer!!!) and that he was currently investigating what happened. Turned out that during that evening there was a phone outage in the area for approximately 2 hours. Christos extendedy an invitation to come check-out the Keating and to please contact him directly for my reservation for a complimentary upgrade to the Keatings penthouse level. I stuck with my instincts, & friends assurance, & booked a room. My sister arrived at the Keating sat afternoon March 13th and was wonderfully surprised with the penthouse! She felt so special & loved! She had a fabulous 40th bday & had nothing but praise for the hotel and the staff. looks like we found our new "go to" place!!!! Next time its my turn-and I will choose the Keating! thank you Christos. You have restored my faith in customer service. It is alive & well at the Keating in San diego!

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank hconcannon
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

If you want to stay somewhere to feel like a millionaire or a movie star or to impress that special someone, this is the place. It's the first hotel designed by Pininfarina, who designs Ferraris... so needless to say the design is ultra-cool. Rooms are huge and plush, and location is perfect. Restaurant is great too. Staff very down to earth, no attitude.

I will go back as much as I can... because of the Keating, I no longer think of San Diego as a beach-bum city...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ben B
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

Very stylish interior. Personal touch. Great gym deal.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank moabbg
The Hague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have been to The Keating to spend the New Year 's Eve, and stayed 3 nights with my husband in their best Penthouse ! (Super Morpghosis Jacuzzi !!! - which they prepare for you if you asked them...!!!)
The stay was perfect, exactly what I was hoping for : a very trendy, chic (but not boring), and high quality services hotel. Everything is beautiful, and staying at The Keating was a wonderful experience in itself !!!
I loved the decoration and atmosphere there ! If I could, I would definitely have stay way longer !!! In addition, the restaurant is very good as well !
Well : 10/10 !

I hope I can go back very soon !!!

M.