All reviews espresso machine gaslamp district street noise boutique hotel gas lamp bars and restaurants the location is perfect enjoyed my stay petco park shower loft sd
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great staff! Even when our room wasn’t quite ready the valet had great recommendations of nearby bars. Directed us to a local arcade/bar we would’ve never found otherwise and was a highlight. Hotel is a perfect downtown location. Fun and funky chic property. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adam D, General Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Kellydgeist,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We work hard to provide a unique and enjoyable hotel experience for our guests and appreciate the compliment. We are happy that you enjoyed our ideal location in the heart of the Historic Gaslamp Quarter, and the entertainment there is to offer. We hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let's just start with a shower IN THE ROOM. Stainless steel counters with sinks too far inset so you have to lean uncomfortably to brush your teeth or wash your face. Thin walls and doors made for an interesting audio experience. But the location is killer, and the front desk folks were super nice. It was a shame that so much of the original interior architecture (which must have been fantastic, as the building was one of the nicest in the city when it was created) was done away with in favor of weird concrete and "modern" lines.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Patrice108,

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review! We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Indeed, we appreciate you recognizing our unique style, as well as our ideal location which makes us a very strategic choice for those looking to get the most out of the Gaslamp District. We haven't done away with all the historic charm, you just have to know were to look! Thanks again for your review, other travelers will find it most valuable! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently booked this hotel through hotwire.com owned by Expedia for the dates 11th September 2018 through to the 14th September (3 nights) staying at the Keating hotel in San Diego gaslamp area. The total cost of this hotel was $501.04 and the hotel was advertised as a 4 star hotel. We arrived quite late in the evening as we had a flight from Las Vegas, on arrival at the hotel and after checking into the room we was left disgusted by what we found and discovered, the hotel had a distinctive smell of smoke or some kind of musty smell throughout the hotel which was quite unbearable to be honest and left all our clothes smelling of the same disgusting smell, being both non smokers I find this totally unacceptable on having to breath in these odours constantly from the reception area, in the hallways and even into Our room. On opening the door to the room we could see the uncleanliness state in which it was in straight away, there was dirt all over the walls, dust and grime on the bed frames, marks and dirt all over the floors, the tv remote was disgusting, there was a mini bar selection of snacks that was so dirty and had not been cleaned in so long. The wardrobe was hanging off the hinges which in my opinion was quite dangerous and was unusable. The bed sheets had stains all over them, the sinks and the shower area was filthy with still soap in the shower from the previous occupants, the windows in the hotel needed replacing to at least double glazing as the sound from the surrounding bars was unbearable and we hardly had any sleep the whole time during our stay. All the blinds and the curtains covering the window was all ripped and in such a poor condition. The total care of the hotel was just so poor and to such a low standard it was actually unbelievable for your rating of a 4 star, who actually rates the hotel? What did we actually pay city tax for? For the room to be so dirty and in such a poor state, I don’t keep my own home
In this condition so why should I have to pay a lot of money to stay somewhere that is nasty and does not comply with the 4 star hotel rating. At very least for this you expect the hotel to be clean. The morning after the first night I took up these issues with the manager of the hotel as he was not available the previous night only to be greeted by somebody so rude that he was more interested in arguing with me as a paying customer rather than resolving the issue and for him to end up saying well I’m sorry I just don’t think the keating hotel is for you. So unprofessional in my opinion. I offered him the opportunity to come up to the room to see for himself just the complete mess that the room was in and what conditions he had expected us to stay in only for him to be disinterested and say no I am not interested in coming to look and my staff do the best job in cleaning the room which I have proof through the pictures in the attachment that this is completely not the case. It was like it was a personal thing against himself the manager but I wanted him to see though his own eyes how much he was being let down by his cleaning staff. He did after all the arguments then offer us another room which was just in the same dirty state as the other and I again offered him the chance to come and check the room which he declined saying well that is all I can do I can’t do anything else more or less just saying deal with the situation which is Crazy after the money we had spent, if it had been a 2 star hotel or maybe even 3 you could expect these problems to occur or for the customer service of the hotel To be this way but I have never had to deal with something like this ever with these class of hotels. I have never known the customer service of the manager of a hotel to be so disrespectful and rude. It was an unpleasant and distressing experience that ruined mine and the fiancées stay in San Diego, you go away on Holiday to get away from the stress and to enjoy yourselves but I feel so let down by this hotel and by the company Expedia for advertising this hotel to be something it is completely not, it is false advertisement and I feel completely let down.
I am reviewing this hotel On trip advisor as I feel others need to know about this hotel before booking.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jenni T

Jenni T,

I am so sorry to read that your experience was less than to be desired for. We strive to exceed all expectations and to create a memorable experience to all our guests when visiting The Keating. This is certainly not the standard we hold ourselves to and I can assure you this is an isolated incident. We will be sure to look further into your situation as to avoid issues like your own in the future. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and give feedback. I hope you will give The Keating another try when visiting sunny San Diego so we can demonstrate to you our exceptional service which we so often pride ourselves on. Feel free to reach back out to me directly at the hotel if you would like to further discuss the matter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First of all I have to start off and say that the staff in this hotel are very friendly and nice. The only bad thing i will say about the staff is the cleaning staff are very careless. Although the hotel and the individual room itself has an awful smell as you first walk in. My girlfriend and I got upgraded to a suite as it was our anniversary which was a very nice gesture of the hotel but the room smelt so bad, the windows and the floor was filthy even some food was left on the carpet rug, the blinds were all ripped and the duvet was covered in stains. We also spotted brown marks which looked like faeces on the wall behind the toilet. There was also belongings left behind from previous guestes in the closet. After leaving the hotel we travelled straight to cancun and noticed that all of our clothes had the same odour as the hotel we then had to wash every single item of clothing we had in our suitcases in order to remove the smell from them. I dont usually review hotels that I visit but with this hotel I felt I had to. As we spent our first couple of hours in this hotel sanitizing it with cleaning products that we had to purchase in the grocery store after someone was sent up to remove the "stains" on our bathroom wall.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Evanryan112233

Evanryan112233,

We are glad to hear that the staff was a nice addition to your time here on the property. Cleanliness is something we take seriously as it usually the first impression a guest has of the hotel minus the staff they meet. We are sorry to here of the lack of attention to detail you have described in your review and will be implementing new training for the housekeeping staff. We want to apologize on behalf of the entire staff, we hope you find it in your hearts to give us another go in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Start to finish The Keating staff was top notch. Friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. Customer Service was fabulous - from the Doorman to the Front Desk to the Room Attendant. We're already planning our next stay!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Lifeisgoodtes,

Thank you for your incredible review! We are pleased to hear we provided you with an enjoyable experience here at The Keating Hotel. That is truly the best thank you we can receive. Our staff works hard to give our guests great service, and we will be sure to pass your kind words along to them. They deserve the recognition Thanks again for your review, and we hope you’ll stay with us again!