All reviews espresso machine gaslamp district street noise boutique hotel gas lamp bars and restaurants the location is perfect enjoyed my stay petco park shower loft sd
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

As First: Austin from Valet was really friendly and professional!Five Stars for Austin!As Second: The Room was nicely fitted as in the picture(King Suite). The Wardrobe was anyhow not closing fully. The Glass was bent... (Photo 1) in the Shower the Soapholder was already on the floor as we entered the room. The Showerhead was leaking and the Handles as well the Showerhead-holder are not fully tighten to the wall. The Staff was totally friendly helping and did a really great Job.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Adam D, Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Rene,
We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us here at The Keating. Future guests will find you review and observations valuable. Thanks again for your review and your shout-out for our staff! We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

After being unable to sleep due to the lack of appropriate sound proof windows, I checked on the morning of my first night and was imposed a fee to the value of a second night. The ill mannered person at the reception desk told me that the fee was applicable once the continuous noise coming from the streets was my problem not a problem of the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank 159oswaldom
Adam D, General Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear 159oswaldom:

I am so sorry to read that your experience was less than to be desired for. We strive to exceed all expectations and to create a memorable experience to all our guests when visiting The Keating. As we are located in the heart of Gaslamp, noise from the outside can be a challenge and I personally apologize that we were not able to shield the noise from your room. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and give feedback. I hope you will give The Keating another try when visiting sunny San Diego so we can demonstrate to you our exceptional service which we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I was upgraded to one of their suites. It was a beautiful room, very spacious with a very comfortable bed (made up for lack of a couch!). Lots of in room extras ($$). It would be great if they could partner with the little food spot on the corner to include breakfast, for the price of their rooms, that would be a plus.
The furniture in the main room did not lend itself to relaxing after a long day of conferences or sight seeing. There are bench style seats that lined to room, would have preferred couch! It was suited more for a cocktail party.
The staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen F, Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Andrea,
Thank you for your review. Other travelers will find your review most valuable! Many of our guests mention our unique style and the amenities we offer; we are happy that you did as well. We also appreciate your recognition of the efforts or our dedicated team. We will pass along your kind words to our staff! We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Service was very good and its in a good location in the Gaslamp district make it easy walking to restaurants, bars, shopping and the ballpark. Was lower priced than everything around it which was nice. More of a comment rather than complaint is that it gave off the feel that they were trying too hard to be a boutique hotel without spending the requisite money to convert the old building accordingly. I don't think most people will appreciate the B&O tv and stereo system in the room. That's not a cheap setup and that money could have been better spent towards renovating.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bulldog92
Reviewed September 28, 2017

We stayed @ The Keating Hotel for 3 nights during a San Diego mini vacation. The hotel is very clean and modern. The location is fantastic being within walking distance of Petco Park and the many bars and restaurants in the Gaslamp district. All the folks working up at the front were very nice and courteous. The only "gripe" I would say is the valet parking fare. It is steep, but staying anywhere in Gaslamp will yield those prices. That being said, everytime I requested my car, it was pulled up within minutes.

I'd highly recommend this hotel if you want to be around the hub of activity in the Gaslamp district.

Room Tip: To avoid inevitable street noise, request a higher room away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Adam D, General Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Ed,
We are happy to hear that we could provide you with a comfortable stay during your mini San Diego vacation, and you enjoyed our ideal location in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter. Our staff, works hard to give our guests great service. We will be sure to share your kind words with them, they deserve the recognition! To your point, our parking and valet service rates are consistent with the other hotels in our area. Thanks again for your review, and we hope that we have the opportunity to host you again! That you 'highly recommend us' makes our day!