The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$267
$159
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
$149
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Hotels.com
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsespresso machinegaslamp districtopen showerstreet noiseboutique hotelgas lampbars and restaurantsturn down serviceawesome hotelhorton plazathe location is perfectenjoyed my stayconvention centervalet parkingpetco parkimperialedenzel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Do not get the "prepaid rate". I did that on the Internet and when I cancelled my reservation I was not told I would not receive a refund. If I had known that I would have rescheduled. Staff are young and uninformed. Ambiguious Internet information....one page says "prepaid" and the next says "no penality for 72 cancellation notice". Total rip off and I have since heard that it's dirty and noisey. DON'T STAY HERE. Go to the IVY if you desire fun atmosphere or to the Westgate for quiet stay and classy Staff.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank suzieSanDiego
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Our stay at The Keating last weekend was Great! The service was amazing and fast. Anything we asked for came up to our room within minutes. Very exceptional design and clean. LOVED the turn down service with italian cookies. Location was fabulous, close to shopping, dining and partying. Their lounge was great for an after dinner drink with friends. The best part was the BEDS! You never want to get out of Bed!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Bonjour4
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Awful, rude service - small uncomfortable rooms - this nonsense about "modern open design" just means your bed is in your bathroom! The location seems great - but the Gaslamp district is unbelievably noisy all night - with loud garbage trucks in the wee hours - every morning. Also more expensive than a luxury hotel in New York! Unreal prices! If you're into torture and punishment - if you're into being fleeced - then this is the place for you - otherwise, steer clear. The worst clip joint I have ever seen, and I have traveled all over the world!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Vacubcaquix
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I wanted a reomantic getaway and chose The Keating. Boy, were we happy with our decision! Our stay was exceptional. The location couldn't be any better - a block in any direction to Horton Plaza, great bars and restaurants, etc. We were right in the middle of the Gaslamp. The staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms were uber-modern with a bed to die for - we slept for 10 hrs straight! Don't let the outside fool you - this is truly a first class hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DGTravelerSD
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Our stay at the Keating was awful. They moved us from the first room because we found cockroaches in the alarm clock, of all places. The second room was bug free, but there were still problems. Our room key didn't work 80% of the time and there is only one elevator, so going up and down four flights of stairs every time we needed to get into the room was a hassle. Also, the shower water was luke warm and it is very noisy. We kind of expected a one night room comp because of the roaches, and were instead given dinner at their mediocre restaraunt. We will not be returning to the Keating.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple