All reviewsespresso machinegaslamp districtstreet noiseboutique hotelgas lampbars and restaurantsthe location is perfectenjoyed my staypetco parkshowerloftsd
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Not worth the $ or the hype. It was the noisiest room we've ever stayed in (even compared to maradi gras in the French quarter)! There was no information about breakfast or the free bike usage available. Don't try to check in early - we had to wait til the 4:00 check-in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Sandra V, General Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize about noise, we are located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter and we understand that it could be noisy at times. We are in the process of installing new windows at the hotel. The sample room has been completed and the rooms will be noise free by the summer. We pride ourself in providing personalized check in and excellent customer service. I will personally address you comments with my staff. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

old hotel recycled with modern (automobilistic design)
The oldes elevetor in San Diego looks like new and perform like old
The coffe machine at room doesnt work and we can hear a lot of noise
Cindy (front desk) fix it all
Except that we dont have hand towels and somethig loose white chips everywhere

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My full experience was a memorable stay. From the time of check in, till check out was awesome. Staff is great, friendly and comforting. Definitely be back. The Keating is a great place in a great location. Walking distance from the malls, food places, etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

If you cant sleep with some noise this hotel is probably not for you. It really is smack dab in the middle of the Gas Lamp District which does not shut down really until 2-2:30. They have sound systems and Ipod hook ups in every room. I usually just plug in my ipod put on my tunes and never notice the noise.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was the LOUDEST room I've ever stayed in.

I'm no teetotaler - I've stayed in New York, Vegas, and New Orleans - none came close to how noisy this room got. I was in 3E.
On my first night I called downstairs and asked if there was a secret to drowning out the noise from the neighborhood. The very sweet girl at the front desk answered: "We provide earplugs. I'm sorry, but the windows are single-paned. You can try and switch rooms tomorrow." It's really odd, as they spent a lot of money making the hotel euro-cool. Why would you spend millions renovating and not sound-proof the windows?
On a Wednesday night the disco-thumping stopped around 2:30AM. On Thursday it didn't stop until 4AM - when I had to get up to fly home.
The staff was great for the most part -
The gentleman who checked me out wasn't so great. I told him that my stay had been completely ruined due to the sound. He wouldn't make eye contact and replied "yeah."

Do not stay at the Keating unless you're in San Diego on a serious party trip. You won't be sleeping until the sun is up.

Room Tip: Ask ahead for a room that is QUIET!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business