All reviews espresso machine gaslamp district street noise boutique hotel gas lamp bars and restaurants the location is perfect enjoyed my stay petco park shower loft sd
Reviewed July 7, 2008

TWO MAJOR POINTS:

(1)The Keating IS NOT for everyone!
(2)The Keating IS PERECT for those who know what they want!

We spent three unbelievable evenings at The Keating and loved every nuance of the experience. After reading some of the prior reviews, we did approach the hotel with some caution…after all, “no shower doors” & “water on the floor” and not enjoying
“quiet evenings.”

Stay out of Gaslamp Quarter, if you are in search of “quiet”…. try an assisted care living center for senior citizens…”lights out at 9:00 PM and no talking.”

If you get a bit of water on the floor…call your personal concierge…maybe it will be Christy or Anji… and they will have someone deliver your extra towels and take care of the wet floor……we know, we did! Don’t waste your money on a Stanze Vista….split with the extra bucks and go for at least a “Chic” or “Imperiale.”

The in-room coffee maker is top of the line…get extra canisters…you will covet the espresso!

Pay attention during the in-room check-in process and ask questions if you don’t understand how the remotes work…everything has a remote!

Spend at least some time in the Minus-1 Lounge…great bar staff (check out the Vault)….the atmosphere and crowd starts picking up around mid-night. They also make it simple to figure out the difference between the Women’s Room and the Men’s Room.

Love that special Keating Naughty or Nice package….black silk pajamas, etc., etc…..wait ‘till you see what the “turn down” crew does to your room to make your evening memorable!

Someone previously mentioned the “in room massage”…..that’s a must do!

btw…when the street noise starts getting a little loud after 1:30 AM….get dressed and go out and join the fun on 5th Ave….be part of the problem…worry about the solution when you get home.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank omegaet
Reviewed June 27, 2008

This place was amazing. I hope they open more around the world.
I will def. come back boutique is the new thing!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Akitty
Reviewed June 15, 2008

The service was terrible! The people working there are very RUDE! I would never go back!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank HLBSanDiego
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I have to admit, at first i was a bit hesitant if I made the right decision booking the Keating for my stay. Looking at it from the outside, I thought I was getting one of these old hotels where the furniture hasn't been updated for 50 years, but it was totally the opposite. The hotel is a true diamond in the ruff. The service was great, the rooms were fantastic and all the details of the hotel tuely made this stay an experiece I will never forget. The bed has to be the most comfotable bed I have ever slept in, the only down side is that you can't buy the bed yet, they told me by the end of summer it will be available to purchase. This will be the only hotel I stay at when I return to San Diego! The staff truely went above and beyond what they needed to do, they even walked me to my restaurant a few blocks away. Everything about the hotel was perfect two thumbs up.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank NYCjap
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I was at the Minus 1 lounge on a Friday night, I ended up buying a bottle of Champagne for $180.00 when I received the bill it was 270.00 and some odd change... I had ordered some shots and food as well. The VIP waitress must have thought that I was drunk and stole money off of my credit card!!!!!! I looked at my account on-line and she only charged me 230.00 instead of the 270.00 plus I gave her a tip!! Of 30 dollars!!!!! So my bill was $300.00 In TOTAL! she decided to keep $70 as her tip for the night....... I called the General Manager the next day and SHE HAD THE NERVE TO LIE TO ME, I knew damn well what had happened, she said she would send me the receipt, but she didn’t, she sent me a gift certificate for 50 dollars instead...with no receipt inside..... Which proves I was right in the first place!!!!?
DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEFS!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business