“Great location and very cute!”

The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina
Ranked #112 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
“Great location and very cute!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location was great and the room was small but very cute. Everything was great during our stay, but after checking out they continued to charge my credit card on file with no explanation or record of what the charges were! They tried to up charge us almost $300!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was in town for the Rock N Roll marathon and when I arrived the staff inquired about my stay. When the front desk person found out that I was going to be up early, he insisted on moving me to a quieter side of the hotel, which I thought was really nice. While the hotel does have a reputation for being loud because of the bar next door, I am a heavy sleeper and was okay with the noise...but it's definitely an issue if you are super noise sensitive.

Staff was very friendly and the room I stayed in was really nice and HUGE. LOVED the shower and the bed. I would stay again. Hopefully next time I will be there to party with the people next door rather than to run a marathon!

Room Tip: If you want quiet request an inside room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is in a class all its own. It is stylish, it is posh, it is in the best location of the Gaslamp Quarter (one block from the mall, less than two blocks from clothing boutiques, and completely surrounded by pubs & restaurants), and it even included free valet parking. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautifully furnished (and included some surprises), and the entire establishment was very clean and well kept. I wish I could clone the Keating so that when I travel I know I'll have the best accommodations. An A+ all the way!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

California
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from a weekend visit to Gaslamp for the CMR run at Petco. Location was perfect as everything was in walking distance. Gaslamp itself is loud & crazy so I anticipated to hear plenty in my room. To my surprise noise was not an issue, I stayed in the PH room and had no problem getting sleep. I booked a last minute special and felt the overall hotel was clean, adequate in value with great customer service. My only dislikes were how small the twin beds looked, I thought I was going to fall off but I didn't. Also the shower has no privacy whatsoever but I did love the shower heads so I got over it. My friend said her bed had a stain but mine was good. I thought Housekeeping did a good job. Last is valet parking was $32 a night which is only worth it if you take your car out quite a bit, otherwise you're better off parking $15/day through a garage. We also attended the bar in the basement Saturday night which had good top 40 music and drinks fairly priced. I have visited many hotels in several cities and knew what to expect with noise, neighborhood, pricing and so on. This hotel is good for short stays and singles/couples.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Dark_Choc-a-holic
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

the sink pluming leaves something to be desired. The staff and Blues right next store was amazing.Can't wait to go again I hope I can still get the same discount. You have to shop around for parking. My friend took a nap and I felt safe going out alone! Great time. The rainforest shower was great Ruth Marks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christos B, Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Ruth –

Thank you for the very valuable feedback of the different elements of your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly should your travels return you to the area; we are always running great promotions and exclusive offers for returning guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments forward to the rest of the staff. Thank you again!
North Bay
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because of it's location and because of the history of the building. We were very disappointed with the condition of the room. After visiting Europe and Miami we knew what the designer was trying to accomplish but it would seem that after spending all of his money on sound systems and tv's, there was nothing left for the rest of the room; single paned glass windows, ripped blinds, painted concrete floors and bathroom doors that don't close.
We went out for breakfast and when we returned our room was being made up. We asked how long the maid would be and were told "About an hour." An hour to make up a room that doesn't even have a rug or carpeting in it?
While waiting, we asked the front desk about flyers or discounts to the San Diego Zoo and were informed that they could offer us the corporate rate. They told us that they would call the zoo and would have tickets put aside for us at the will call booth. We came back an hour later and asked about the tickets and were told that there was no answer at the zoo. My husband called on our way there and was informed that the hotel can't do anything over the phone and that they are supposed to print up a coupon for us.
Also, when we asked for directions we were told, "It's on Park Blvd."

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DebPrins
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in early May, in the middle of a 5 week holiday travelling up the west coast of USA, and we enjoyed every minute. The staff were all so lovely and very very helpful, and the location is excellent!
I had read lots of reports of the loud nightclub near by and was a little worried but still decided to give it a go.
We checked in to our room and on the bed were 1 pair of ear plugs......this was a little worrying along with the note that said we had to pay for the night even if we didn't stay.......this really wasn't making me feel easy for the night ahead!
The room was clean and the King size bed was extremely comfy.
If you are a bit shy then maybe this is not the hotel for you. There is not a separate bathroom, the glass shower is in the main room. There are also kits to make your stay more enjoyable, if needed.
There are lots of restaurants in walking distance so no need to travel. We tried a few in the area for breakfast & dinner, that were recommend by the staff in the hotel....so glad we took their advice.
We had a very restful sleep, no more noise than you would have staying in the middle of any city, the nightclub didn't worry us at all.
Highly recommended, would gladly stay here again if back in San Diego!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Michael-Karen
Michael-Karen –

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Keating Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we were a memorable stop on your extended getaway. I will share your valued feedback with our entire staff as these compliments are the exact reason why are in this business. Can’t wait to see you on your next visit to the Keating Hotel.