My boyfriend and I stayed here over his birthday to meet my cousins for a fun night downtown! I find it easiest to list the benefits and negatives....
1. Location - Great! Downtown close to everything!
2. Price - Very budget friendly for a high quality room.
3. Room - We were upgraded to the top floor, very open and spacious room. No carpet, and a really comfortable bed!
4. Amenities - WOW. Very nice upgraded features.
5. Bathroom/Shower - Private toilet area, and cool rain shower head, but open!! My boyfriend enjoyed his view from the bed haha! :)
6. Customer Service - We were greeted outside, by the front desk agent, can't remember her name but she was stellar!!! The valet gentleman was nice too and carried our bags to our room! Unfortunately we did not have any cash on us and felt like real jerk-faces for stiffing him at our door. We later pulled out $20 from the bank to say Thank you and Sorry
7. The hotel does have earplugs if you feel the room is too loud, nice complimentary item.
8. A gentleman came and delivered cookies, coffee packets and a room service breakfast ordering menu at night. My boyfriend devoured the cookies and decided we had to stay there again just for those :)
These weren't really issues for us, I'm really just giving our thoughts on the top gripes I read!
1. I guess people complain its noisy, but to be honest I live on a busy street in Las Vegas and it was comforting, sounded like home to me! The garbage truck in the morning may wake people up, but we were already awake...it was like 8.
2. A lot of people on here complained about the shower and to be truthful I would not stay in the room with a friend or family, as you are slightly visible to someone on the bed haha :) Like I said though, my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed it as is and didn't bother me.
3. I noticed a lot of complaints about the valet parking. It's a city, expect to pay for parking, at least it's not 75 a night (NYC). We had no trouble, waited maybe 5 minutes for the car, was returned in perfect order no bumps bruises or scratches :)
Overall a GREAT STAY!!! Thanks again The Keating!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego’s first true luxury boutique hotel that transformed the Gaslamp District from bland to chic. Situated in a building dated from 1890, The Keating is Pininfarina’s first hotel creation -world-renowned master designer behind Ferrari and Maserati. The result is a rare fusion of past and future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keating Hotel San Diego
- Keating San Diego