“Some incredible food here but depends on what you order.”
Review of KAFE Yen LLC - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here and ordered the Singapore yellow curry with carrots, potato and soft tofu, spinach gyoza, and yakisoba.
The yakisoba and spinach gyoza were good but the Singapore yellow curry dish was unbelievably good, some of the best curry I have ever had!
So my sense is there is some INCREDIBLY GOOD food here but you may need to try a few dishes to find something you love... But if you do you are in for a real treat.

1  Thank HeatherNIN

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Everything on Mission Beach is crowded and noisy, except for this gem. We have eaten here 3 times over the years and it never disappoints. This time the 5 of us each had something different and each plate was all but liked clean. We wished we had room for the banana thing for dessert but that will be for the next trip. Kaffe Yen is clean and has a classy but not pretentious feel. We love it!

1  Thank SuZyPhoenix
Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a great find about a block from the beach. It's quiet inside and very authentic. The prices are reasonable, menu extensive and so far always fine fresh great Thai food. It's location so close to the water makes it stand out way beyond the more familiar boring and mediocre eateries that are prolific just up the street. A really great find.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was some of the best Asian food we've ever had! We ate till it hurt! My only regret was we didn't find this place till the last day of our vacation in San Diego and only got to go there once!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We recently spent a week in Mission Beach, San Diego, and chose to try different cuisine each night of our stay. We noticed this place when walking back to our hotel one night and decided to try it. I'm very glad we did because it is certainly one of the best Asian cuisines we have ever had. We started with wonton soup, which took a bit to arrive, but as it turns out, it was due to the fact that they were making everything, including the wontons, fresh for each order. Delicious and well worth the wait.
For the main course I had the Thai chicken fried rice and the wife had beef garlic noodles. Both were so perfect we nearly ate ourselves into a dinner coma trying to finish every last bite of the meal.
The staff was was very courteous and attentive and the establishment was clean and well maintained.
I would make it a point to seek this little place out if you find yourself in the neighborhood.