“Great Food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Berkeley, California
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place has organic, delicious food that is affordable. They have a variety of types of food including salads and meat. It is also pretty close to the mall in San Diego, so it's very convenient!

Visited July 2014

Romsey, United Kingdom
“Wonderful, imaginative salads - not boring”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The most wonderful, freshest, imaginative salads I've ever had. I had the Albercore tuna which was cooked to my taste (normally served rare) but I like my tune cooked through. Nothing was too much trouble. Salad leaves were interesting (not sure what they were but they were delicious). Served with a piece of grilled soda bread - delish. Followed with a "Cowboy Cookie". A massive, chewy cookie with chocolate chips, peanuts and raisins - so large I couldn't eat all of it - had to share with my husband

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Healthy Hearts Eat Here!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I was in San Diego city heading to the courthouse and happened upon this lil beaut. I will have to admit that parking in the area is a real pain in the butt; but that's just how it is in the city.
Upon entering this fine establishment there was a feeling of earthy warmth. At first I thought it was a "buffet style" salad joint, similar to SoupPlantation (I still love that place as well). But instead of that "chain" feel, I realized that it is distinguishable amongst other establishments offering similar menus.
Tender Greens has an extensive menu that offers a plethora of scrumptious salads, succulent soups, hearty meats, various veggies and delicious desserts. You order is taken at the front and your meal is prepared before your eyes and served to you at the end.
Although the seating is a little hard, they have plenty of space for groups, A/C and they were playing a variety of world music; including Bob Marley and Steel Pulse (reggae music).
Overall, if you want to eat healthy and pay fair prices, you HAVE to give this place a try. Thumbs Up!!

Toronto, Canada
“delicious.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I headed to Tender Greens upon recommendation after finishing a workout at Crossfit Invictus. SUCH A GOOD COBB SALAD. Legitimately.

• Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Great concept, fresh food but average....”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I had researched our restaurants before arriving in San Diego for a holiday and this was one that we thought to try (since it seemed to appear on several Best Restaurant lists). We were staying at a hotel on Broadway Street in San Diego so it was close to go for dinner. We went into the restaurant, not knowing what to expect. This is a self-serve style restaurant where you order at the front and whip your tray around to the cash. Much of the food is on display for you to have a look at before deciding. Not surprisingly, the specialty is salads and the restaurant has a wide variety of them, along with soups, quiche and other assorted dishes. I ordered a chiptole BBQ big chicken salad and a side of roasted fingerling potatoes, along with a glass of white wine. Once you order and pay, you sit down and you are called to pick up your food when it is ready. The ambience is definitely cafeteria style. The servings are generous. My salad was good (but not exceptional) and I asked for an extra order of dressing because the taste of the lime dressing was hardly discernible. Even though the chicken was chipotle, I couldn't really taste any chipotle seasoning on the chicken in the salad which was disappointing. The side order of potatoes was hot and tasty, but not anything I would write home about. As salads go, I have definitely had better and I was a little disappointed, but the food was unquestionably fresh and organic and no wilted salads here. You feel like you have eaten a healthy meal that your body will appreciate. The prices were reasonably affordable and I would return to Tender Greens to try something different as there were a lot of other things on the menu that looked interesting.

• Visited April 2014