“Some of the best Thai I have had”
Review of Rama A Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: K St.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

After walking out of another restaurant whose service was abysmal, I wound up at Rama. One of my biggest quests while traveling is to find amazing Thai and Rama didn't disappoint. Some of the best Tom Kha I have had an drunken noodles that were out of this world. Fast attentive service as well. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Short and sweet: great atmosphere, great food, great drinks and great service. Love it!

Tip:
If you're on a budget like I was, save some money by picnicking on the beach for a day or two and splurge on a nice, romantic meal at Rama. This place is full of romance and the food and memories are worth the cost. You won't find an atmosphere like this in too many other places. Perfect for special occasions

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our group enjoyed eating at Rama Thai on a Saturday evening. We were immediately impressed by the Hip Decor that is unlike any restaurant I've ever seen which can only be explained as being mysteriously eclectic. The food at Rama Thai was incredible and not a morsel was left over after our meal. Also, I really appreciated that nearly all of the beers available were from local microbreweries. Finally, the ice cream we enjoyed was unreal - not sure I've had ice cream that was this wonderful before. If I come back to San Diego, this will be at the top of the list of restaurants to return to. I highly recommend.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is wonderful and authentic Thai food. We went for lunch and loved the food. Wine selection was good. We would have gone for dinner if we had more time!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were a party of 3. We had delicious larb, excellent Tom Kai soup, average pad Thai and very greasy but tasty fried bread. The setting is interesting. Tables are sort of secluded from one another by gauze. It is in the gaslamp quarter.