“Bad acoustics, old dusty house”
Review of 4th & B

4th & B
Reviewed September 21, 2012

You can sit in some seats in this concert venue and literally not be able to understand the performer even when they're just talking. It's old and dusty. Has some real sketchy performers. Don't go.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice size venue to watch a show. Multiple stages for other events. Multiple bars, so you never felt crowded.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been to this venue several times over about 5 years, the last time to see "Filter" on 8/17/2012. Every time I go, the place gets a little older, a little more worn, and obviously no discernable effort to improve...or clean it.

Most disturbingly to me, I suffered another episode of "the incredible, shrinking bar selections," forced to play a game of, "We don't have that!" with the sometimes surly bartenders. They're either out of it, aren't gonna get it, or don't want to carry it. I'm not talking exotic options, mind you...just the basics.

In California, I can usually expect to get a glass of wine, even 2-buck chuck! When I asked for wine, I was literally laughed at. The bare-bones liquor selection is OK. One should expect that at a concert venue. But, In San Diego, one of the craft beer capitals of the U.S., I should be able to get something local on draft. Instead I was stuck with a selection of 3 canned beers: Bud Light, Stella Artois and Heineken, all $7 each...ouch!

I certainly understand the 'no-bottle policy' because there are many in the crowd that night who would have tossed them at the lead singer of Filter for his political speech. Who pays to hear that at a concert?

However, every bar at the venue is equipped with at least 20 taps. Why aren't they being used? I mean c'mon! If you're tired of the business, get out of it. At least make an effort to be customer-friendly. I wouldn't mind paying $7 for a local, quality beer, sans attitude from the used-up male bartenders.

It appears the area around 4th & B is a redevelopment area. I vote, "Aye!"

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We saw Marcy Playground here on 7/2. Couldn't believe how good the sound is at this little venue. Not a very upscale place, and the drinks were definitely not top-shelf, but for the sound-it was excellent.
Marcy Playground is a fantastic band and we were excited to get tickets. They were awesome. The first cover band was pretty good, but the 2nd one-not so good. Too 80's old school head bangin' for my tastes.