Wyndham Harbour Lights
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$205
$183
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$196
$188
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $266/night.

$236
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
$195
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$249
$229
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$311
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$204
$161
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$209
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

All reviewstime sharefree laundrygaslamp districtstudio unitsales presentationsauna and steam roomhomeless peoplegreat locationvalet parkingthe gas lamp districtnoisy at nightmini kitchenzoo and balboa parkfloor facinghotel is locatedstove topwithin walking distance
Reviewed May 25, 2013

So I just spent 4 nights here (Monday-Friday) and it was a great little hotel. I am a Wyndham vacation owner, so I've come to expect things from staying at their properties. I'm actually writing this revie while sitting at another property on vacation. =) I stayed at this resort as I just came back from overseas and am currently bouncing timeshare to timeshare to stay close to work until I move out of the area. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
Great location - on Fifth Avenue within walking distance to just about everything and anything downtown. Horton Plaza is one block west, Petco Park is less than a mile away. Restaurants, bars, shopping malls, grocery stores, you name it, you'll probably find it.
Very friendly staff - check in was easy and the doormen greeted you every time you came and went.
Nicely decorated clean rooms - my room had a small kitchenette with 2 burners (no oven), a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, bath, a dining table for two, and couch. Drawers were well stocked, they had a bottle opener for my bottle of wine. They left me a laundry basket in the closet and I had more towels than I knew what to do with them.
Laundry facilities available in the basement if you need - I didn't wash my clothes this trip so I can't say much about the machines.
They offered different things during the week, pizza sampling, cookies. They had sweet tea in the afternoon at the front desk and a popcorn machine in the lobby as well.
Free Wifi - major plus. Most places have it, but every now and then, I run into that one location that doesn't give me internet access for free.

Cons:
EXPENSIVE parking - It's $31 a day with in and out privileges. I just parked in the ACE lot to the back of the hotel if I couldn't find street parking. It was $15 for 10 hours. Street parking is free after 6pm, but you need to pay attention to what day they do street sweeping.
Loud street noise - Okay, this is downtown San Diego, a place lined with bars and night clubs. The noise is expected. I put it in the Cons section so you would know just in case you were looking for a place for peace and quiet. I could definitely hear the folks on the street hooting and hollering, but it didn't bother me. I was there for the location and atmosphere.
The view - Everyday I looked out my window, I got the view of the parking lot and Hustler store. I had a room on the back side of the hotel towards 6th Ave. I know, you really can't pick what you look at, but I'm just letting you know you will see the neon lights of the Hustler store if you are not on the 5th Ave side.

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel. Minus the washer and dryer I'm used to having in my room when I stay at their regular vacation resorts, this was very nice. If you're staying here, it's because of the location. I did not have any experience with the pushy timeshare folks as I was only home from 4pm-6am. I guess that was the plus about having to be at work all day.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors so you won't have as much noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank crzydvl
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed here with 4 other couples (each in their own room). This was our 2nd stay at this property. We love it for the location. 5th Avenue has tons of places to visit (bars, restaurants, shops). The biggest drawback may be the parking issue. We were fortunate not to have to pay to park. One of the couples did pay each day and another parked over at Horton Plaza (the mall 1 block away) for $10 a day .... much less than the $30+ for the valet.

The rooms were nice. We happened to have a room on the odd side of the building (away from 5th Ave.). They were quiet on that side of the building. The others were on the 5th floor facing 5th Ave. but since they were up higher, the noise was much less. It is great for people watching if that is what you like. The King size bed was comfortable but I'd hate to have to spend the night on the sleeper sofa.

The kitchenette's were ok.... large refrigerator, microwave (a decent size) and cooktops. (no ovens). They also had cookware, glassware, and utensils but who is cooking much when you have so many good places to eat near by.

We also had a similar complaint as others.... the "group presentation" was anything but a group. Each couple did get their own personal rep to sell them WorldMark ownership. Avoid this unless you want to spend 90 minutes of your vacation being pushed to buy. They did compensate you for you time with AMEX gift cards ($75) but don't go to this for their "breakfast". That was a muffin or bagel and some juice and coffee.

Lastly.... enjoy this place for what it is. A timeshare which offers some comforts of home and is located in a lively area.

Room Tip: The higher the room the less noise you'll hear. The best rooms are 704, 706, 708. They have balcony's that you can look out onto 5th Ave and people watch. The odd side of the building will offer quieter rooms (especially if you are on a lower floor).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank one_lucky_guy-21
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The location of this hotel is great. Parking is very pricey, however, and there is no hotel shuttle whatsoever. Be prepared to take city transportation if you want to go anywhere outside of walking distance. The room was clean but roadside noise was very audible, and the kitchen area is so small it's hard to keep the counters clear. The sink is about the size of a piece of paper, and the dishes don't fit very well into the washer. Speaking of which, the dishwasher didn't clean very well so we had to hand wash a lot of items. This would all be manageable, however, if not for the extremely pushy people trying to get you to attend owner meetings. We actually tried attending the "group presentation" the morning after we arrived, and the whole experience was very awkward. Instead of a group presentation, there were a bunch of one on one meetings in the designated area. We milled around after checking in with the concierge, and after 15 minutes a guy came up to us and told us we had to check in at the front desk. My husband and I decided to just leave at this point due to the general confusion and lack of interest in sitting through a one on one sales pitch, and thought this would be the end of it. However...within half an hour of our return to the room the concierge was calling us to reschedule our meeting. I relayed our experience and said we weren't interested in rescheduling at that point, and every day after we received at least one phone call trying to get us to attend a meeting. On our second to last day, they rang at least four times that we were in the room, one time twice in a row. The last time I spoke with the concierge she asked us three times to attend a meeting before we left for the airport in the morning, despite my giving a very clear no on every previous attempt. We were on our honeymoon and there as guests of the owners, all I which I explained to the concierge. The experience was so negative, it really left a bad taste in my mouth about the hotel in general. If you like being hounded, you'll love this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Rocky170
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Studio with min-kitchen with king size bed has enough space to feel very comfortable for 1 - 2 adults (and one child) .Maintaining temperature in the room is easy. Everything has a modern and new feel to it. Location is ideal as it is close to restaurants, shopping center and area businesses. Staff are young in age and always willing to helpful with a friendly attitude.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on higher floors and away from the street view. On Saturday nights with a lot of people can be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2013

What a surprise---- we got a spacious room in an inner city hotel/resort! It's not a big hotel, but the room is big, clean, fresh, well maintained and decorated. It also has a small kitchen with a regular refrigerator and enough cooking ware, we cooked breakfast and light meals in there.

The location cannot be better: close to all public transportation MTS stops.The MTS can take you anywhere, more than 20 miles away from the center of the city in different directions. We did not need to rent a car! (If you have a car, you have to pay $30 a day for parking) Since it is in downtown, tons of eating, entertainment and shopping places are within a few blocks. You can shop in the mall or buy $1 stuff across the street. The noise was very minimum, maybe because we were not on the street side.

The staff members were nice, helpful and friendly. They greeted us when we were in the lobby or in the hallway. They provided plenty information for us to get around. We felt that we were so welcomed. There is steamed sauna and gym in the hotel so you could relax there after a long day.

One thing I need to point out is, not like most hotels, the housekeepers do not change the sheets and replenish the cleaning stuff everyday; (I'm sure they would have a thorough clean after the guests leave) but upon request, they do it for you or send it to you immediately. We think it is a way to save energy and avoid waste so we don't mind.

We had a very pleasant stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple