“don't miss out”

Neighborhood: Downtown
San Antonio, Texas
“don't miss out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

we found this on groupon and went on a weds night before closing. the environment is romantic and clean without being stuffy. i like that they put up cultural posters and decorations. the owner was super nice. we were the only patrons and the waiter was real attentive. we got the lamb shank which was the best. i'm not a big fan of lamb but i ate off my bf's who loves lamb and is picky. I got the chicken pomegranate dish and the chicken was ok but oh my the sauce. i licked it clean. the rice was super good too and he is Persian and i'm Asian so we are picky with our rice. then the chutney, oh my. i couldn't decide which sauce i liked better. i just alternated between everything. trust me and try this place.

Visited April 2014

New York City, New York
“Tasty Fare, Spacious Comfort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

On a Saturday night, it's hard to find a quiet place to dine without shouting and being jostled.

A bonus is tasty food. I had a half rack of lamb that was very good. My wifehad chicken dish had apricots which was also very good. A yogurt and cucumber appetizer was delicious.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Irwin, California
“Not real Afghan food!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

As an Afghan I should know what a real Afghan food should be like. The starter I ordered Ash, which is a noodle soup. But the one I got was TOP RAMEN noodle all they was add some dill, meat and frozen vegetables and topped it off with regular yogurt. (not the afghan yogurt sauce) And they charge $8 for TOP RAMEN!!!!
I asked about the bloulanee, if it is made with real dough (like the pizza dough) which is how the real boulanee is made out of. But he said no the dough is from outside. Which is a Won Ton wrap. This is the super lazy peoples way of making it and it alters the taste big time.
I also ordered the tikka kabob and that did not have much of a flavor and was dry. Usually if the kabob is made the real Afghan way, it's juicy and mouth watering. The menu said the kabob come with grilled vegetables, now that was a joke... literally 3 piece of onions about 1/2 inch a piece and the same for the tomato and bell pepper. Only ok thing was the rice.

• Visited January 2014
New York
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had a good meal here on a recent trip to San Diego. The food was tasty and the
service was excellent. I had the veggie entree and my boyfriend had the lamb.
Both enjoyable. Thanks!

• Visited January 2014
Irvine, California
“A great dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The food was so wonderful. The starter was a BURANEE-BADENJAN a sautéed eggplant with mint and a dash of yogurt it was light and cooked to perfection.
I had the entrée of the day, a lamb dish with rice that had delicate flavors of nuts and cinnamon. The lamb was cooked with pistachio. The vegetarian entrée was also wonderful. It is a restaurant for world gourmet in downtown San Diego. Probably the best!

• Visited November 2013