“Wow, I will definitely return!”
Review of Cafe Chloe

Cafe Chloe
Ranked #119 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Adorable Jewel box of a Cafe, serving Brunch, Happy Hour, and Dinner daily. A bit of Paris for the Locals!
“Wow, I will definitely return!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The first day I got to San Diego a friend of ours recommended this place. I was a little skeptical because I had not heard any one else talk about it. So, the day before we flew back home, my wife encouraged me to go and since it was close to our hotel, we walked there.
It was more than expected. The place is really, really, really good, Although, we were only there for breakfast I would assume the have different menus for breakfast and dining. My wife had some pancakes with a home made syrup and I had the croque madame which blew my mind. We also had some chocolate croissants and coffee based beverages.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
“Amazing meal for the most disconcerting foodie!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Snuggled into a corner location, this quaint cafe boasts all the fixings of a bistro in Europe. I visited during Happy Hour and treated myself to the decadent mac and pancetta gratin as a 2nd course. My first course began with a light bib salad with toy box tomatoes and a baguette with cow's milk cheese. Dessert was homemade salted caramel ice cream. Service was fabulous and the server took the time to understand my palette, offering a few options for wine to pair with the courses. I left full and happy. Definitely a must try! I'm a local and love it!

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Must visit place if you love London and Paris”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant after seeing them on Tory Burch website. I don't know what to expect since we live in London but decided to give it a try since we are tired of eating not so tasting food in the Gaslamp area. The place is about 15 mins walk from the the 5th and market street. It is definitely not a touristy area which is what I wanted. The place is beautiful. The food is delicious. We ordered Sancerre (68 dollars) and thanks god it was half price since it does not taste like what we know in Europe( c.£45 in centre of London for a reasonable range). Perhaps better stick with the CA wine. I would recommend this gorgeous restaurant to any Europeans or Americans who love their food and a couple glasses of wine.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank drsfl
San Diego, CA USA
“Something has changed”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After enjoying Cafe Chloe many times (it had become my wife's favorite) four of us went there for dinner last Saturday night. Ten minutes after being seated, our dinner order was taken. Thirty minutes later we still had not been served. I requested the manager speak with us, She apologized and told up the food would be right out. Ten minutes later three of our dinners arrived. Ten minutes later we asked where the fourth dinner was. It soon arrived but the mussels were barely warm and certainly not cooked. They were inedible! The manager took one look at them and said we wouldn't be charged for them.

Cafe Chloe had been a remarkable restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Garyp29991
San Francisco, California
“Love this little gem”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Really amazing fun place to have a glass of wine and a snack or a meal.
Prices are not the cheapest and you do wait as the kitchen is small and the pace is not fast.
Just like France! We loved it!

• Visited March 2014