“Great place to return at the end of the day”

and 1 more site!
Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I was in San Diego for a seminar. Having read reviews of the hotel where the seminar was being held, I decided I could not stay there. So, I took a chance with Hillcrest House. The minute I pulled into the driveway I knew I had made the right choice!

I stayed in the Gaslamp Room and it is tiny but just perfect for me. Fabulous mattress and great sheets made turning in each night a pleasure. I also have certain foods I like in the morning and it was okay to keep a few of my own small items in the fridge. Coffee was good and strong, saving me a trip to Starbucks or Peet's (both nearby) in the morning. I also stocked up on healthy lunches and snacks at Wholefoods which was within walking distance.

Anne was away but her Mom Barb made me feel so welcome. Even at night, when I returned after a long day, just walking through the quiet house and up to my room put me at ease. I was sad to leave and look forward to returning in the Fall.

This place is not fancy, but thoughtfully decorated and very clean. There was a little road noise at night but it was really minimal and I had no trouble sleeping. Off-street parking was a big plus. And I felt centrally located, not more than 15 minutes from anywhere I wanted to go.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank AmySRQ

Reviewed March 20, 2007

We stayed at this B&B for 2 nites in March, 2007 and were very glad we did. We stayed in the Gaslamp Room and loved it. VERY comfy bed, brand new bathroom--loved that big shower! Anne and her mom (and Calli the Yorkie) treated us like old friends. We would not hesitate to book here again next time in town. So nice to meet great people when away from home. Do not hesitate to book here, its a great find.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank H&BfromNB
Reviewed February 8, 2007

I had the pleasure of staying at Hillcrest House in December while in San Diego for a short holiday. Ann was extremely friendly, very helpful, and became like a sister in a few short days. I stayed in the Zoo room and I couldn't have been more comfortable. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank LMB013
Reviewed February 1, 2007

I recently stayed at Hillcrest House while doing business in San Diego. It was like staying in the home of a friend. Ann Callahan and her mom were so gracious - from offering great restaurant suggestions and helping with reservations to even packing me breakfast when I had to leave early one morning.
The accomodations are quite comfy and the area is filled with wonderful restaurants and interesting stores.

I am truly looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank vstakes
Reviewed November 20, 2006

The room was clean and comfortable with a large modern bathroom. The innkeeper and her mother, who assisted in running the B &B, were friendly and made my wife and I feel at home. The innkeeper was very knowledgable of the Hillcrest area , where the B&B is located, and the San Diego area in general. Her restaurant suggestions were outstanding and requested directions to places of interest right on target.
A basic breakfast was provided . Every effort was given to insure a pleasant stay. A great reasonably priced B&B.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdeast
Reviewed November 11, 2006

Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank jennyj74
Reviewed October 7, 2006

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank brnidgrl