Coaster Saloon Mission Beach California

from $35.00
from $60.00
from $219.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What the (expletive deleted) are (were) the five and four star reviews, eating here? I was hoping to really like this place. But it fails in most respects. I'm a local. A few weeks back, a fire shut down the Sandbar next door. Thus, the options for non-fast food, non-Mex, non-bad-sushi (Cannonball) were sliced, while the insurance companies figure out how to deny coverage. That leaves Coaster and Starbucks. So, I tried Coaster. Which is great, if you like (1) lots of tourists, (2) screaming babies, (3) a healthy dose of local "dude youths" (wish I had a nickle for every time someone said "bro"), and (4) tacky decor (nice try - but hey, I've been to Austin, and this ain't no Austin). No service - takes 15 minutes to get noticed - then I order some appetizers. What happened here - did they go down to Ralph's and try to reheat? This place is fine if you want cold appetizers that you can take home to reheat - but why not eliminate the middleman and just go to Ralph's? If you're going to ralph up the bad food (after a Kavanaugh styled boff), why pay the Coaster premium? Was going to try the main course - but no service (once again) - barkeep told me that she was leaving so "would you mind closing out?" Actually, yes - I mind - because I'm still hungry - cold food is not edible. In short, if you're in Mission Beach and you are looking for some place to eat - keep looking. This is NOT Texas bbq. I've been to Tejas and Memphis and KC and Lexington NC - this is NOT good. It's reheated Ralph's Deli. Save your money - keep walking!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Been going to the Coaster Saloon for years. They recently changed ownership. It is now a BBQ joint. Food is excellent, but miss the old menu. The old menu had fish tacos -- the best I've ever had!! Good game day specials. Decent beer prices. Friendly bartenders.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Looking for somewhere to eat and coaster saloon did not disappoint,we went for dinner, it was busy but we had a drink at the bar until we found a table, staff were friendly and helpful and there was a good atmosphere, food was great, I had fish and chips,my husband had the ribs, portion size was massive, would definitely recommend

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat. Portions are huge. I had the You My Boy Burger and swapped out the bleu cheese for cheddar. The onion rings are delicious. My gf got the Beef Brisket with onion rings, mac and cheese and bread. All of it was great and not too costly. The restaurant around the corner was way more money and was awful food. Great service as well.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

We came in around 11:30am as a party of 5 (3 adults, 2 11-y/o’s). It’s walk-in seating & we scored a picnic table right in the front. The place was busy but not packed like the previous day when we’d unsuccessfully attempted to find a table.

Our drink order was taken right away. Once it arrived the server indicated they’d be right back but after about 8-10 minutes, I finally asked if anyone was serving our table. The guy I asked looked at me like I was asking a stupid question and slowly answered “yes” like I was a bit slow and followed it up with more courteous, “I’ll send someone over”.

Our order was taken & we asked for sweetener for our teas. 10 minutes later we’d still not received it. I finally got up & got it from the server station myself.

The food arrived but it took quite a while. Once we finally had it...it was terrific. The chicken Caesar salad was huge with at least a large-sized chicken breast on it. It was fantastic. My DH’s chicken sandwich & fries also came generously portioned!

When we asked for a box....we waited. Again I finally got up & asked our server again for a box & to prevent yet another long wait, our check. A few minutes later it was finally delivered.

We’re torn on returning. The service was terrible but that could have just been our server having an “off” day. The food may make it worthwhile to try a 2nd time.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Wow what a fun break from the beach for our whole family. While we waited for our food, we're played foosball and connect four. My kids and grandkids were totally entertained until the food arrived. The food was Amazing! The burgers were giant and there best burgers were have ever tasted!! My husband loved the pulled pork burger, I love the fresh Jalapeno burger, and daughter favorite was the pastrami burger. This place was so good we visited 3 times in the 2 weeks we were in town. We will make this restraunt must everytime we visit Mission Beach .

Reviewed February 20, 2018

My family visited Mission Beach over the holiday weekend. We stopped her for lunch because it was inviting and the food looked good. Some had wings, some had burgers, some had the chicken tenders. It was all good, the drinks were reasonable and the service was excellent. There were games to play while you waited for the food. It is certainly worth your time to visit when at Mission Beach.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We were staying at mission beach for a week and visited this bar several times. Apparently it’s just reopened after a big revamp. It looked good and family friendly. The burgers were amazing and the staff were great. Huge range of alcoholic drinks. Only downside was non alcoholic options were a mystery(they weren’t on menu or boards) and as I don’t drink I just had to stick to soda. Our waiter, called Shaun was brilliant. He was super welcoming and made us feel like locals. From speaking to the staff, we found out this place used to be a dive bar with bad reputation. I have no idea what it was like but we really liked the all new Coaster. Can’t recommend it enough.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

We wanted a quick bite and a cold beer on a hot busy Saturday afternoon and this was one of the only places that had an open table. I wasn't expecting much from the place when I first walked it.. it's a bar and nothing special. But I was in for a surprise, the waitress was so nice and friendly, gave us a fabulous suggestion on beers. We ordered a chicken wrap, again I wasn't expecting much but it was quite good! Overall - don't let the looks of the place fool ya, the staff is great and the food is pretty darn good.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Spent 8 days at Mission Beach and stopped into Coasters all 8 days!! Great bar, great drinks and awesome food! Most underrated bar at Mission Beach!