“Great place to eat before a concert”

Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: A champagne-centric venue in the heart of the Gaslamp, the Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room features an extensive selection of champagnes, sparkling wines and craft cocktails & beers. The San Diego-fresh menu of fizz-friendly dishes is inspired by French and Mediterranean cuisines includes shared plates, oysters & caviar. The decor evokes a feminine ambiance with a masculine edge. Two distinctive rooms, Encore Act I & II, offer different atmospheres for dining & drinking and fun & enjoyment.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant near the Balboa Theater that served light dinners. Encore Champagne Bar was perfect. Their champagne list was extensive enough that you could pick a very good inexpensive champagne or a great but expensive champagne. There are dishes which could be shared. We loved the clams with homemade sausage. My husband enjoyed his hamburger. I loved the duck confit risotto. We also shared the hazelnut pot of creme topped with chocolate. We definitely will return the next time we go to the theater downtown.

There are newer reviews for Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a wonderful brunch at the Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room. We passed on the bottomless Mimosa and went for a bottle of Prosecco that was excellent. The Duck Hash was very tasty as was the Monte Cristo sandwich.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This felt like more of a dance club than a brunch spot. We sat on the patio outside but could hear the club music from inside the entire time. The food was pretty good and the mimosas were good, but I had a better brunch experience at Café 21. Nothing particularly wrong with this place, just wasn't my favourite in the area.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Wanted something light and fun after arriving in SD late in the afternoon.
Champagne and several small plates were perfect.
Many choices of bubbly, by the bottle or glass.
Wide variety of small plates, in addition to full entrees.
Can eat indoors or out.
Good service. Waiter could have known more about the wines.
Recommended.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I went for a Guest chefs Dinner, but every course was fantastic,especially the two made by Encore's Chef. The service is amazing, I can't wait to go back.