“Out of the way, but so cozy!”

The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 5,244 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Mason & Juan Streets in Old Town State Park
Transit: We are two blocks away from the main San Diego Trolley Stop in Old Town. We are one block north of the Old Town Trolley stop on Twiggs Street. Cosmopolitan Restaurant & Hotel is in the Old Town State Park.
Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Cosmopolitan. Breakfasts were great (especially the scones and granola!), the rooms are furnished with antiques (but no TVs), and it's conveniently located near the trolley/bus/train station. The restaurant is a gem: try the pot pie and charcuterie.....we'd stay again if we ever visit San Diego again!

Reviewed February 29, 2016 via mobile

Food was excellent. Try and hit happy hour. Prices much more reasonable. My friend and I went here before show at theater in Old Town. Service was just great.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming! I arrived early in the day from an East Coast flight and they stored my luggage and I got to wander around the neighborhood - excellent area! When I came back and checked in, I think I had the best room in the place - two bedrooms/two entrances, brass tub, and comfy bed! Ate in the restaurant before the theatre that night, and they were able to meet my rushed schedule and STILL SERVE an excellent meal! Got some great pictures, since it was all in preparation for Day of the Dead... Overall excellent trip and I'll be back!!!!

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Our hotel was right near Old Town San Diego so we enjoyed many meals at several restaurants. Every meal was good, but our dinner at the Cosmopolitan Hotel was outstanding. Looking at the outside we were a bit wary - (it is a historic hotel, so not exactly new) - but the menu caught our interest. Once we entered the courtyard we knew we were in for a wonderful experience. We enjoyed short ribs and a seafood combination, plus good service and great music. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 14, 2016

Had a drink at the bar in the back of the hotel. Very out of the way place and one best settings for a drink at an out of the way place. Outside seating on some couches that were rustic, along with rustic bar in background. $1 oysters on Tuesday which were bonus and great service which made me feel like I was in some old town. Well worth the visit to this hotel.