“Excellent Mexican”

Cafe Coyote
Ranked #80 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed March 15, 2013

San Diego is one of the best places for Mexican food and Cafe Coyote is one of the best of this genre in town. I had the Margarita Chicken on my visit and was very happy with the preparation. The atmosphere was enjoyable and the service was good. The prices are not bad.

1  Thank Debbie K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,352)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

ate at cafe coyote yesterday.The tortillas melt in your mouth and the lobster dinner for only 26.95 was the best i ever had.i had a grande margarita and let me tell you it was grande couldnt even finish it.thanks to all the staff and management team for making my day the best

1  Thank Robin D
Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are too many Mexican Restaurants in Old Town, San Diego, CA. Everyone wants to avoid a tourist trap with lousy Mexican food. Well, here is a good suggestion, Cafe Coyote on the corner of San Diego Avenue and Conde. My wife and I split the Old Town Carnitas special. We ordered an extra side of the handmade tortillas. It was more than enough. The pork was juicy and came with everything including a nice cilantro, tomato and onion garnish that we added to our tortillas. The tortillas were being made while we ordered. They were hot and delicious. Cafe Coyote was an excellent Mexican Restaurant in Old Town, San Diego.

1  Thank Luv2Travel_Dine
Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are tons of great Mexican places to choose from in San Diego and one night we randomly chose Cafe Coyote. The lobster was great, the carne asada was just ok and too salty. The beans and rice were nothing special but the perfectly cooked whole lobster easily made up for that. The sad melted margarine in the plastic cup on the plate, however, was disappointing. However, the chili tequila lime butter that comes with the shrimp was perfect for dipping the lobster! Homemade tortillas and margaritas were great and we are looking forward to returning.

1  Thank SandyQTraveler
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love Cafe Coyote BEST MEXICAN FOOD Their service is maginificent everyone is so friendly.They have the best handmade flour tortillas in town and the food is delicious, my favorite is Pollo a la Crema and my daughter loves Pollo en Salsa Verde.I look forward to next time can't wait to enjoy a pineapple chipotle margarita and the amazing weather in San Diego!