“A very emotional experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 406 things to do in San Diego
Lubbock, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A very emotional experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The cemetary is very well maintained a with a beautiful view of the harbor below. It does give you much to think about with the military heroes buried there .

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

When I'm in San Diego, I visit the cemetery. It's a very quiet and peaceful place overlooking the ocean and downtown San Diego.

Visited June 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Very Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My father is interred at Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, and I lived in Point Loma as a child. This place holds a very special meaning for me. The scenery is truly spectacular. This elegant cemetery is a dignified and serene resting place for our nation's heroes.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank stacey b
Southern California
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Patriotism Abounds in Military Cemetery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whether you are going to attend a service, find a particular grave, or just walk around to embrace the atmosphere, this is a nice place to visit.

Hawthorne, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A special place for our veterans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We found this cemetery on our road trip of "59 places to see in San Diego". After living my whole life in Southern California I was surprised at how many hidden places I still didn't know about. This was one of them.

My interest in genealogy leads me to places like this to find relatives but the location of this cemetery with it's great views are a great tribute to the heroes that are laid to rest here.

Take the time to drive in and stop and look at some of the grave markers (all the way back to the Spanish American War). It is a very humbling experience to walk among these patriots that gave their lives in service for our freedom.

1 Thank MBarnet