“Beautiful location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

When I'm in San Diego, I visit the cemetery. It's a very quiet and peaceful place overlooking the ocean and downtown San Diego.

Visited June 2013

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Very Special Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My father is interred at Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, and I lived in Point Loma as a child. This place holds a very special meaning for me. The scenery is truly spectacular. This elegant cemetery is a dignified and serene resting place for our nation's heroes.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank stacey b
Southern California
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Patriotism Abounds in Military Cemetery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whether you are going to attend a service, find a particular grave, or just walk around to embrace the atmosphere, this is a nice place to visit.

Hawthorne, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A special place for our veterans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We found this cemetery on our road trip of "59 places to see in San Diego". After living my whole life in Southern California I was surprised at how many hidden places I still didn't know about. This was one of them.

My interest in genealogy leads me to places like this to find relatives but the location of this cemetery with it's great views are a great tribute to the heroes that are laid to rest here.

Take the time to drive in and stop and look at some of the grave markers (all the way back to the Spanish American War). It is a very humbling experience to walk among these patriots that gave their lives in service for our freedom.

1 Thank MBarnet
Hastings, Nebraska
201 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I make it a point of visiting the cemetery at least once a year to pay my respects to those who have served our country and assured our freedoms. This is a serene and lovely place, befitting the dignity of those who are buried here.