“Patriotism Abounds in Military Cemetery”

Fort Rosecrans Cemetery
Book In Advance
More Info
$63.72*
and up
San Diego GoCar Tour
Ranked #9 of 443 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whether you are going to attend a service, find a particular grave, or just walk around to embrace the atmosphere, this is a nice place to visit.

There are newer reviews for Fort Rosecrans Cemetery

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We found this cemetery on our road trip of "59 places to see in San Diego". After living my whole life in Southern California I was surprised at how many hidden places I still didn't know about. This was one of them.

My interest in genealogy leads me to places like this to find relatives but the location of this cemetery with it's great views are a great tribute to the heroes that are laid to rest here.

Take the time to drive in and stop and look at some of the grave markers (all the way back to the Spanish American War). It is a very humbling experience to walk among these patriots that gave their lives in service for our freedom.

1  Thank MBarnet
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I make it a point of visiting the cemetery at least once a year to pay my respects to those who have served our country and assured our freedoms. This is a serene and lovely place, befitting the dignity of those who are buried here.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Appropriately located in the Point Loma Hills overlooking the San Diego Harbor and skyline. Even if you don't have any friends or reletives resting there, it's worth the visit for it's historical value. Among the most recent laid to rest there are Navy SEALS Lt. Michael P. Murphy and SEAL MA2 Michael A. Monsoor, both Medal of Honor recipients.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The beauty, the patriotic grave markers are a stark reality to the cost of freedom to this great country. Freedom is free to you, but it comes with a price tag to the soldiers.