“Beautiful”

Fort Rosecrans Cemetery
Ranked #7 of 461 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Absolute Beautiful place. I have spent several hours at my Great Grandparents grave sites just staring off into the Pt Loma Ocean. Great place to hang with old relatives on a Santa Ana day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"tide pools"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed November 12, 2012

i liked the fact that my 8 year old daughter left with a different insight to where people go when they pass and that war is real like it or not

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Worth a visit. Great views of San Diego. Well kept graves. Beautiful grounds. Glad I visited. Hidden treasure!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The cemetary is on the drive to the old light house. I particularly like the landscaping with the ocean in the background. An interesting drive and the old military buildings are interesting contrast.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am from Brazil and I respect what this place represents because my grandfather fought during the WWII with the allies in Italy. In my country almost anyone knows the importance of it. I don’t like war as almost everyone, but unfortunately is part of our history and social organization. If necessary, you must defend your families and society from tyranny and abuse. Democracy came through flight. That’s why in my country the Democracy that we have is a lie - more like a Corruptocracy.

The place is on the path to the Cabrillo Park.