“Superb value, great staff, highly recommended”

Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld
Ranked #98 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 31, 2009

What seems to come through when I read other reviews is consistent praise for the staff. Let me add my voice to that! These people are phenomenal and go out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay. In my own case, I was displaced from my home by an emergency, exhausted and at the end of my tether. Jeremy in reservations and Joy, the on-site PBX operator, could not have been kinder, going the extra distance to arrange an early check-in so I could get some sleep. Joy even called my room after I checked in to see if I'd gotten settled okay. Now, really, do those kinds of things happen? Not often.....
For the money, it could not be a better value. Comfortable beds, clean and pleasant rooms, soft linens, hotel restaurant, free wireless, city bus stop across the street, free shuttle service -- and the STAFF who are truly the icing on the cake. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone, especially budget-minded travelers who don't completely want to sacrifice comfort.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 30, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle and visited the Zoo, Wild Animal Park and Sea World....The staff were GREAT...the room was clean and large with a refrigerator and microwave. Housekeeping was great...Would highly recommend. It is close to all the parks, museums. There is a restaurant downstairs (really good breakfast) (reasonable prices) and other stores within walking distance.

1  Thank Nimby5956
Reviewed August 30, 2009

After reading reviews here I wasn't sure what to expect. So here's what I can tell you...first off check in was a breeze I was 1.5 hours early..no problem. Staff was very friendly and helpful they'll get tickets and book reservations for area attractions for you. Room was clean, beds were super comfy, Nice granite vanity tops. AC, refrigerator, Microwave, blow dryer, iron all worked well. Computer in lobby was helpful for printing boarding passes and show schedules for Seaworld. We used the hotel shuttle to visit Seaworld and it worked out just fine. It does run on a set schedule so reserve a seat the day prior. We never had any parking issues arriving back at the hotel around 10pm each night. It did appear that the hotel was full each night as the parking lot was full when I awoke each morning. We did most of our swimming at the beaches, which are very easy to get to from here. On one evening we got back around 9pm and went for a swim in the pool and used the hot tub..both get thumbs up. As for noise we didn't experience any though we were on the third floor with no one above us..and regarding highway noise......I never heard any, besides every hotel on hotel circle is along the highway so how can you single this one out. honestly with an AC running I never heard any offensive, annoying noise even with it off I didn't. We did eat breakfast each morning at the hotel restaurant and our plates were clean when we left. Never was around for lunch or dinner so can't say. Bottom line, I was looking for a clean, safe, comfortable place with a pool, close to all the attractions I was interested in seeing at a good price and that was exactly what I got...in fact knowing that many of the hotels in the area have been around awhile I set my expectations accordingly. You won't be WOW'd when you drive up but my expectations were exceeded. I found nothing wrong.

1  Thank sunseeker1975
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Nice family, budget-friendly hotel close to the attractions. We did not use the on-site restaurant, but enjoyed the heated pool--it was surrounded by tropical foliage and a hill which made it seem very private. Beds were very comfortable. Loved the palm trees surrounding the property. We had a rental car, but the trolley does stop right in front of the hotel. Close to a top-notch mall and many restaurants. We stayed a week and had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank WisconsinBarbiegirl
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I cant believe we found this place! 2 days in san diego was not enough! we flew in from vegas, to san diego and called the hotel for a pick up.. Rudy picked us up from the airport in the shuttle, and he treated us like, he was picking up longtime friends! We had gotten there a little early, so they checked our luggage, and gave us directions to the nearby mall, where we went and found our favorite restaurant, pf changs! woohoo! It was a nice outdoor mall to walk around while waiting for check in time. When we got back to the hotel, Alex noticed it was my birthday a few days before and told me a belated happy birthday! I wish I could remember every person's name at this hotel because everyone we came across was friendly, and helpful. This was def the highlight of our trip. Our room, was in the back, by the pool, which was heated and open til 11 at night! which means you can still do seaworld and have time for swimming with the kids after. There is a shuttle to the Zoo, Sea world, airport and amtrak. there is also I noticed the san diego old town trolley which stops out front, If we would have had more time I would have done that too. The rooms were large, the beds were comfy and queen sized, with free bottles of water, a breakfast bar, popcorn and had a fridge and microwave. I can not believe how we lucked out in this stay!
Our last day there we came across some rude travelers. The guy at the front desk handled them smoothly and quite professional while the other traveler's were quite rude and demanding! I was, and with the other three familys waiting for the seaworld shuttle quite appalled at his behavior, but the front desk handled it smoothly., and not once did he raise his voice and he still tried everything in his power to help the family and nothing he tried was good enough! I also needed to go to town to visit a friend and the gentleman up front helped me pick a restaurant, and a ride with a shuttle company (who was very nice btw!) and got me there! This place, was a great great stay and I am wanting to go back already!
I

1  Thank SONNYSMOM
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Got to hotel early and was unable to check in - had to place luggage in a messy closet ourselves, and was told to come back at 4pm. Day 1 -Got to the room and the doors had so many coats of paint on them that they barely closed. We were next to the elevator that by the way the expiration expired in 5/09. Beds were great. The room to the shower and the toilet was a sliding door that didn't lock. could hear everything in the room on the other side of the mirror. Day 2 ok so now we have bugs half pincher half roach looking things - ugly that is all I know. Called front desk was told that happens in the heat - i asked could they come spray - they said they did but the next day they were back!!!
Day 3 - Ok I have has enough requested a new room Alex and the front desk was very very very helpful - he said not to worry he would fix it - we left for the day and when we got back to the hotel he placed us in the Business Room in the back of the hotel and had moved our luggage for us- great room with interior doors - and no Bugs. Day 4 - long day at Sea World and got back to the hotel at around 1am to find ourselves not able to get into our rooms - had to walk all the way abck to the front desk to find a very rude young man - that fixed our keys and not once said he was sorry about that. Pool was nice - need to replace some planters rusty and gross - Would I stay here again no and &@#* no! Oh and by the way the parking is the worst - I would rather pay at another hotel to insure that I had a space when I got back to the hotel at night

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2009

We apologize that your experience was not what you deserved or expected and we appreciate that you took the time to write a review of our hotel. We take every review seriously and strive to correct any issues that contributed to a guests negative experience.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

I know all the moderate priced hotels in Southern California, ie....San Diego, Disneyland area are old and never have the time to renovate because they are always full, but at the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle South, was terrible. We arrive rather late at 1145pm, checked in exhausted from our trip and received our room keys, only to drive around the hotel 3 times with not a parking spot to be had, so made another trip to the front counter and he let us park right behind the shuttle bus, then we had to walk totally around the hotel to get to our room, luggage in tow. The front counter person was really extremely nice, but probably has to be to overcompensate for how bad this place is in need of renovating. There was cockroaches by the AC unit outside, (not a good sign, but Southern California we come to expect that) Walked into the hotel room and it smelled like dogs had been living in the room, everything was old, the bed linens looked pretty good, but still afraid to walk on the carpet without shoes on :) Sink was fairly new, shower was ok...there was a small kitchenette in the room that looked like something out of the 50's. Overall not a good experience, was supposed to stay 5 nights, only stayed the first night. FYI we were going to our son's Marine boot camp graduation and this hotel was on the website as a nice place to stay, don't know who there reviewers were?

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

We apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than satisfactory. We appreciate your comments and take them very seriously.
The hotel will begin a major room renovation in the next two weeks. We work very hard to keep our property clean and updated and we will continue to do so.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Barbara Atkins