“Great place if you book at discount price”

Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld
Ranked #103 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Booked through Expedia and we got a really good price.
Pro's: We arrived at 10:30 a.m. and they let us check in right away. However, not everyone was so lucky, we arrived on a Monday and that may have helped, someone checking in on a Friday when we left (at 10 a.m.) we told they did not have any rooms ready for them. The room has been updated, but its not luxury, Enjoyed the frig and microwave in the room, TV had lots of channels to watch, beds soft with four pillows on each, very comfy. Pool and spa, though located way in the back of property, were very nice. Wireless internet was great convenience.
Shuttle: A big reason we booked this was for the shuttle, as we didn't want to rent a car. Be aware the shuttle runs to limited places, airport, zoo, Sea World, Marine Base and at set times, so the shuttle is not there for whenever you want to come and go. If the shuttle is not busy, they may take you other places, however, we took the shuttle to Old Town and when we called for a pick up, it was not available for over an hour, so we took a taxi back (cost $12). Also, even if you sign up for a pick up time, the shuttle may be early/late and will not wait for you, they pick up whoever is standing there and leave, so be early to your pick up. Also, airport times are also set, every two hours, so we had to take the shuttle three hours before our flight. (or else take the one hour before our fight, that's taking a chance)
Con's: Lot's of noise from nearby freeway and streets, (so bring earplugs or run the a/c or fan all night), little choice in eating without a car, their Pam Pam Cafe is just OK, nothing special, another places you need to walk to, computer in lobby was always being used and the night before/morning we left, the computer was broken so don't rely on this to print boarding passes, spa/pool are small considering size of place, so they were very crowded when we went.
I would stay again if I had my own vehicle, its also good if you are not planning on being at the hotel much, its a good deal if you are looking for a place to sleep while you do a lot of fun during the day!

• Stayed: July 2009
There are newer reviews for Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Recently booked a 3 day 2 night stay at this hotel through Get Away Today vacations for myself and 2 adult children. Requested 2 queen beds. Upon arrival we were placed in a room with 1 king bed. Upon contacting front desk we were told that the 2 queen beds were only a "request" and was subject to availability at check in. I paid over $400 for the room and tickets to Seaworld, in advance. We were told since we went through a 3rd party that the room was not guaranteed even though all was paid in advance. After being told the hotel was sold out for the night, we requested a roll away at no charge and they did supply us that. I have stayed at this Days Inn before and have never experienced a problem however I highly doubt I will stay again. When a specific room is requested it is for a reason and should be honored. They are in the business of accommodating travelers needs and should reserve the types of rooms being requested.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Honestly, I was a bit scared at first after so many mixed reviews from Yelpers and from Tripadvisor. But I was pleasently surprised. Good, quiet property. Clean, felt safe and enjoyed everything.
ADVICE: REQUEST a Sunset Wing room. This is a new building and it is enclosed with hallways. The rest of the property is more like a motel with outside hallways. I dont like that. No privacy and a lot of screaming kids running up and down. The window shades must be closed the entire time if you want privacy.

The new building was just fine. Clean, had water, granola and popcorn in room (complimentary) with a microwave and fridge. Was great to store cold water in. The room was big. The beds, HUGE.
For this price, I would definately stay here again. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub too. Close to the freeways, access to everywhere.

Wouldnt really recommend Pam Pam on the property unless you are VERY desperate and dont want to venture out. Basic, greasy.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights to visit san diego. The hotel was very busy and car parking was a challenge. The room was large and a bit dated but had everything that you would need. The microwave was an added bonus as there is no breakfast included at this hotel. The location was good for access into San Diego and was close by the shops and restaurants. Check in was quick and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in June 09. The staff was incredibly nice upon checking in. I was looking for just a place for us to sleep with a safe location and no bugs - this served our purposes well. The beds were comfortable, the rooms looked like they tried to keep them clean, and there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room, and they have free wireless internet which is a bit slow, but usable. The bathrooms have a sliding door (which was the hardest thing ever to close) and you can tell the walls have had many coats of paint. The only times we ever heard our neighbors was when they were running the shower or shutting their door.

The location is perfect. It's close to the Zoo, Sea World, and the beaches. Although we didn't use it, the hotel has a shuttle to sea world. We did however visit the zoo and loved it.

Take Note: Get a parking pass. I noticed the 2nd day we were there cars in the parking lot had parking passes in their windows. Not sure how the staff, although nice, could have missed telling me that when I checked in since my car was parked 10 feet from me while doing so. Luckily, since we checked in so late I think we missed the guard walking around checking the cars - I noticed him the second night. The parking does get busy at night, but we were able to find a space at midnight (weeknight).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank colagel
Reviewed June 25, 2009

It's easy to get around everywhere from here. The room was adequate. My husbands Ipod was stolen from the room. Eat somewhere else. The pool was okay, but the hot tub water was kind of greenish.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2009

Thank you for your comments. I hope that I can assist with the recovery of your ipod. I cannot imagine that any of our employees would risk their job for an ipod. Everyone knows we will not tolerate this kind of behavior but we can never assume that something like this could not happen at our property. I will do a complete investigation. If you have time I would appreciate the opportunity to speak further with you about your experience.

Barbara Atkins

Reviewed June 23, 2009

I had a wonderful time at Days INN hotel circle. All of the staff were extremley helpful, especially at organizing tours and very flexible, I got picked up and dropped off at Old Towne for dinner. Not to mention how friendly and pleasant they were, truly made all the difference. The room was clean, and I loved how they are trying to be enviromentally friendly, where you don't need to change your sheets every day, especially if you are there for a week, great option. The pool and hot tub were also very clean and were a great extra to have, for my stay.
I loved the location, 15 mintue walk to the mall, and a short 5 mintue to a convience store. The shuttle service was great and handy to go to Balboa park, the zoo, and sea world. The restuarant had great variety of fresh tasty foods to choose from. All in all, i recomend the hotel for a great stay in San diego!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo