“Delicious!”

Tom Ham's Lighthouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tom Ham's Lighthouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,853 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Dr.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The fig salad was just the beginning of a fabulous experience. The perfectly balanced and delighful flavors of the Paella supported the freshest mussels, shrimp, and clams. We ended the meal with an amazing caramel balsalmic gelato. Did we mention the beautiful outside deck with the San Diego night sky? Perfect finish to a wonderful San Diego visit - not to miss this newly reopened restaurant. The staff was friendly and provided gret service.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just visited this newly renovated restaurant...absolutely amazing space! We sat outside under heat lamps (toasty) with a spectacular view of the San Diego skyline. Great menu...enjoyed the calamari, Caesar salad and lobster bouillabaisse...all very tasty! Great choice off beer and wine too! Servers were attentive although slightly inexperienced. Definitely would return!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm a little late with this review as the restaurant is currently closed for rennovations. I hope it's original charm and character will be retained when it reopens in May 2013. I loved this place because of a.) the view but aso b.) the maritime history that was displayed around the building. To be fair the decor was probably a little antiquated and was in need of a change but please if you're throwing anything away retain some of the models and photos!! I thought the prices were high but San Diego is full of choice and here you're also paying for the location. The lobster bisque had a perfect consistency to it - neither too creamy nor too watery. I followed with a Ceasar Salad as a main that was not an option on the menu but the waitress was kind enough to accommodate my request. The staff were extremely attentive and the little bit of banter made one feel welcome. One thing I will say, and I don't think the rennovation will change anything, is that you need to book. This restaurant is well known in San Diego and is thronged as soon as the evening sittings start. At times I thought it was a little over crowded but I believe this is one of the areas that the rennovation will seek to address. There are typically lines of people queuing to get in but I have personally never waited longer than ten to fifteen minutes. I read one interview on here that no reservations were accepted. I have never had a problem to reserve but must admit our party always considered of five to six people when we ate there.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

nicely decorated nice staff, nice environment, nice food. it would be nice if restaurant will accept reservations.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to San DIego as a Christmas treat and reserved an early dinner in Tom Ham's Lighthouse hoping for a beautiful and romantic view of the bay while we ate. We were not disapointed. The view was fantastic. The lobster bisque was excellent and our salads were good. were the salads. I got the Ceasar salad which was a wedge of romaine with dressing and an anchovie placed on the dressing. This was different but not as good as a regular Ceasar salad. My wife had the salmon entree and I had the large prime rib. Her salmon was perfect, my cut of prime rib was medium rare as ordered but not as tender as expected. Our desert was a chocolate creation that just looking at one gained 500 calories... YUM. The service started out good but as the dining room filled the need for additional staff became apparent.

Over all a great experience