“very nice environment”

Tom Ham's Lighthouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tom Ham's Lighthouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,852 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Dr.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

nicely decorated nice staff, nice environment, nice food. it would be nice if restaurant will accept reservations.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to San DIego as a Christmas treat and reserved an early dinner in Tom Ham's Lighthouse hoping for a beautiful and romantic view of the bay while we ate. We were not disapointed. The view was fantastic. The lobster bisque was excellent and our salads were good. were the salads. I got the Ceasar salad which was a wedge of romaine with dressing and an anchovie placed on the dressing. This was different but not as good as a regular Ceasar salad. My wife had the salmon entree and I had the large prime rib. Her salmon was perfect, my cut of prime rib was medium rare as ordered but not as tender as expected. Our desert was a chocolate creation that just looking at one gained 500 calories... YUM. The service started out good but as the dining room filled the need for additional staff became apparent.

Over all a great experience

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a sunday champagne brunch here in December. Food, view and location was great. Service was good. A bit pricey but still way better than other brunch places around the area.

The building was a bit old and was told by one employee when we were roaming on the patio that they will be closing this January for a 3million renovation. They will open around late spring/early summer.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is one of my best meals. the view is spectacular and food was superb. Service is great. this is a must do.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stumbled upon Tom Hams's to eat before doing the speed boat tour. I was worried we were too casually dressed in jeans, but it didn't matter. Thought it would be a pocketbreaker being right on the harbor as it is, but while higher than inland places, very reasonable for location and nice facility that it is. We got right by a window. I had Lobster roll (sandwich) for $16 that had choice of side so I took fried avocados and husband had lobster pot pie. We had delicious ice tea. Food was very good although I decided don't care for avocados that are warm. We got there at 12:30 pm and it was not crowded at all which is a shame they didn't have more customers to enjoy it all. Very relaxing.