“Not worth the price you pay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Onami
Ranked #1,247 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not worth the price you pay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

My husband and I generally love buffets, especially buffets that serve seafood. We've been to buffets in Biloxi, Mississippi and in Vegas and almost all were fantastic. We also have a buffet at home that has great crab legs on Fridays and is half the price of this place.

The crab was just okay - but crab is supposed to be great! The lobster was only brought out once the whole time we were there (an hour and a half). My husband managed to get some but I missed out and then they never brought anymore. Everything else we had was just so-so. There was no jumbo shrimp in lobster sauce which is advertised on their website. It was actually a huge disappointment and it turned us off buffets for the rest of our holidays. Not worth the price you pay - not even close.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Los angeles
“Average at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I was not impressed by any means. The fried Thai blue crab was cold and oily as was the tempura. Quality seems to be lacking and the rolls were not particularly tasty.The service was lacking. I barely managed to get refills on my drink. I would not come back here. I most probably would head over to Todai before I ever return.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fresh sushi and cooked food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

Fresh sushi and cooked food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place to go to if...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2008

Great place to go to if you're really hungry. Eat till you burst. Ok sushi, great salad bar, excellent noodle soup made to order, crab legs, crab legs, crab legs, nice deserts, cooked food too ...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook