“Marvelous”

Ranked #5 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Placitas, New Mexico
“Marvelous”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Everything about this little place was perfect, A little slice of heaven. Even the "Economy Room" was plush. Towels, toiletries, sheets, furniture, wood floors, slate shower, housemade breakfasts, great coffee too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
John P, General Manager at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate it so much. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our "slice of heaven!" We like to provide our guests with local vendor goods, so we are happy to hear you enjoyed Dark Horse Coffee. We hope you will come see us again soon!

Best Wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 7, 2014

No duo does customized personal attentive service like Odette and Ashley. We came in late and they treated us like family. So much better than your big chain hotels. I'm actually looking forward to our morning breakfast. It's easy to say " sorry we can't do that for you" then they turned every opportunity into a "wow" reaction. Good job you two!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We agree that our front desk staff is invaluable and what makes this hotel so special. We are glad to hear they wowed you! We hope you will visit us again soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel Vyvant feels very homey and inviting, something we greatly appreciated. From its complementary breakfast to its free happy hour, the service consistently proved to be a highlight of the hotel. We had an economy room, which means we had to share a bathroom; however, this fact did not detract from the room quality whatsoever. We never had to wait to use the bathroom, it was conveniently right next door, and it was always clean and well maintained. The location, although limited in parking (you must park on the street by the freeway underpass), was within a 10-minute walk to the heart of Little Italy. The receptionists offered ways to improve our trip, presenting us with options for activities (including giving us coupons) and calling us a taxi. If you're looking for a place to enhance your San Diego experience and are sick and tired of normal hotel chains, then you should stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so glad to hear you felt at home here. That is our goal! We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the location. We think it is a great perk to be located so close to many great restaurants and San Diego attractions. We are currently working on a deal with a nearby parking lot to try and alleviate the parking concerns. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Best Wishes!
Murrieta, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Thank you to the entire staff at Hotel Vyvant. My friends and I were so impressed with the staff and hotel. We got a 2 room suite for a great price and the staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. There were so many freebies! We were celebrating a birthday, and the staff gave us a bottle of wine (on the house!). There was a FREE happy hour from 5-7 on Friday and Saturday night with local wine, beer and food. A good spread for breakfast was also provided for every morning. In our kitchenette we had free Keurig coffee and water bottles. They even were willing to move our check out time around if we needed it. The only "issue" with this hotel is that it's next to a noisy street and airport, but it calmed down in the evenings and they provided earplugs just in case. I would definitely come here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are glad you enjoyed the Happy Hour. We like to provide our guests with a taste of San Diego, including beers, wines, hummus & cheeses! We understand the location can be a bit noisy during a busy day, but are glad to hear it did not affect your overall experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I spent 6 nights here. We came to San Diego to be tourists and see the sights and were certainly accomplished our mission. This is an outstanding, convenient location. We spent a day at the zoo (awesome), toured the Midway, spent time in Old Town, traveled the coast for a day, and really enjoyed Cabrillo National Monument. We ate well several nights in Little Italy and Becka's tip for seafood at Blue Water was on the money.

I think there are a few rooms that can be noisy. Ours was fine.

Becka and her staff were very attentive and helpful. And they sure do put on a good happy hour!

I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank duke07701
John P, General Manager at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed the location and all the places you can walk to from the hotel! I just love Blue Water and am happy you gave it a shot as well. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for taking the time to write a great review!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My guy and I drove from Santa Fe to San Diego. When we arrived to our room we were surprised that our view was literally of a WALL. No view at all. Granted....after reading some of these reviews, I requested a 'quiet' room.....they granted my request and telling me that it was 'dark'....did not mention that we literally had the view of a brick wall.
If you dont mind having the view of a wall......then the rest of the stay was great. Very comfortable. The bedding and decor was awesome in the room. Very clean and accommodating. Everyone was pleasant at the hotel.
I actually had oral surgery in Tijuana during our stay, and the room provided such great comfort while I rested after my invasive surgery. Even impressed with the local restaurants.....of course! Little Italy is full of great restaurants.
Our room had the kitchenette.....which was totally convenient.

Because of the view, I am giving this over all review 3 stars. I would have given 3.5 but that is not an option......I would have given it an extra star if I had been informed that our view was of a WALL if they told me this when I originally booked room.

It was quiet during our stay. We heard NO NOISE from airplanes or traffic. And....that was important, too get a good nights sleep. We didn't need our ear-buds even once!!!

Room Tip: If you dont mind looking at a wall.....as a view, then request room "T"...... it was very...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alohakristin
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do value our guest's feedback and will take into account your experience. I was the one who spoke with you on the phone about your room choice. It was never my intention to mislead you about the view. I was under the impression it was most important to have a quiet room in order to rest after your surgery and your room was the best fit with what we had available at the time. We are so glad you enjoyed the bedding, proximity to great restaurants and our staff. We apologize that the room was not satisfactory and hope you will visit us again in the future so we can be sure you have a better view.
Burbank, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Spent just one lovely night in this charming small hotel in Little Italy. I took advantage of a great deal and was not disappointed! Edwina greeted me upon check in, and after getting the paperwork done, she escorted me upstairs to my Deluxe Queen room. The furnishings were ample and comfortable. Ceiling fan, armoire, great comfy bed with gorgeous linens. The hotel is very close to Balboa Park, and Little Italy's wonderful restaurants. I will definitely choose this place again whenever I need an overnight in San Diego.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The beds are a big hit and we are so happy you enjoyed them as well. See you next time!