“Awesome Stay!”

Ranked #5 of 34 San Diego B&B and Inns
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“Awesome Stay!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the first phone call to the moment I left, this was an amazing experience. Every detail was carefully thought out by the staff. They were always calm and smiling! Thank you Lorraine and Becca. You made my visit with my two daughters one MORE memory better. The breakfast was relaxing and delicious, the wine and cheese evening was warm and special. The beds are comfy and the bathrooms clean :) I cannot say enough wonderful things about Hotel Vyvant. I wish I could give 6 stars!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
John P, Front Desk at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review! It was our pleasure making your stay as memorable as possible and we hope to see you again soon!

Bekah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Booked on line due to location in Little Italy, but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Becka greeted us warmly and was most helpful getting us settled. She was most helpful assisting us with parking which is on the street, but we had no problems finding a parking spot within view of the lobby. The room was nice and clean and just large enough for our 3 day stay. Breakfast in the AM was in the main lobby and they used real plates, silverware and glasses - no paper or plastic. The coffee was hot, the orange juice fresh and the food great.

The Hotel Vyvant's location in Little Italy was really nice. We were able to walk to India St. some 2 blocks away and have our choice of dozens of great restaurants with all price ranges.

If you plan to stay in downtown San Diego, please consider the Hotel Vyvant. The staff was most helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bob4psu
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit us soon!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is the B&B I am always looking for, friendly staff, big room, comfortable bath, hardwood floors and most important -- the inn is very clean and organized. Thanks to the new decoration, the inn nowadays looks so bright and elegant that can absolutely beat any four or five star hotel. I really love it. Only little problem is it stays near the road so it might be a bit noisy. Yet, the friendly staff gave me earplug without my asking. But since the room is so comfortable, I slept like a baby and never had to use the earplug.

Room Tip: Although all rooms are lovely, make sure to make a call with them before you choose the exact room s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a restful night's sleep. We hope you will come back to visit us soon!

naharia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were there for 2 days. We are a senior couple and we were visiting San Diego as tourists.
We were extremely satisfied with the accommodation.
The reception personal was outstanding, special citation for Beca and Lorain. They were very helpful and polite. We arrived very late, after 11 PM, and Beca stayed after her working hours to wait for us, giving us a very worm welcome.
The printer was broken and Lorain went to her house only to print our boarding pass!
about the location: it is 4 blocks from Balboa Park, 6 blocks from sea side and embarcadero, and it is in Little Italy, with all the good food.
The room is clean, large and comfortable, and the atmosphere is "like home".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy your enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having you and hope you will visit again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

my 3 year old daughter and i stayed at hotel vyvant on dec. 27, 2012. john (the owner) and kaitlin were the KINDEST hosts. i arrived at the hotel flustered after getting passing the hotel and getting onto the highway and going 40 minutes out of the way. it was late and my daughter had fallen asleep in the car. kaitlin patiently stayed on the phone with me giving me directions until i arrived at the hotel again. kaitlin told me where to park. then, she walked out of the hotel to help me with my bags so that i could carry my sleeping daughter into the hotel. kaitlin went above and beyond to take care of our needs. i can't say enough wonderful things about kaitlin.

the next morning, john apologized to me. he was sorry that the sign wasn't clear. how sweet of him to apologize and make us feel so welcome.

the hotel itself is gorgeous. it is just the kind of hotel i like to stay in....clean, independent, quaint, hard wood floors, wonderful staff, delicious breakfast.....breakfast choices were high end pastries (chocolate filled croissants, freshly baked fruit muffins, etc, yogurt, and an assortment of juices.

i can't wait to bring my husband with us next time. we wouldn't think of staying at any other hotel next time we're in san diego. there is a true personal touch that you can't find at big, commercial hotels.

thank you for treating us with such genuine kindness.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We look forward to having you back again soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This beautiful B&B was everything that I had hoped for. After traveling 1,000's of miles this place was like coming home. Greeted by the most wonderful heart warming staff – their warm happy smiles truly felt like I was visiting my sisters! From beginning to end my 5 day stay was amazing and incredibly-romantically memorable. (Thank you for the beautifully decorated 'after New Year's Eve party' look in my room! Since I didn't get a chance to spend it with my love one. The sparkling wine was excellent!)

My lovely soft color coded room was located away from the street (I believe it was Room H) beautifully & elegantly designed, good Wifi, a very comfortable soft plushy bed, plenty of pillows, and the hot tub was deliciously wonderful especially after a long 13 hours flight! In the morning the continental breakfast was perfect! Assorted of fine pastries, cereals, Greek yogurts and fresh fruits. Faaabulous! If you stay over the weekend Friday & Saturday 'Happy Hour' is totally awesome too! Craft beers, wines, assorted cheeses, salami, crackers and fruits. But the best part was meeting the other guests who came out to mingle! Italy, England, France, East Coast, Midwest, and Japan (oh, that was me!) We interacted comfortably in the living room area and me and my partner enjoyed a game of backgammon on the dining table. I honestly believe Hotel Vyvant's 'home settings' allowed us to relax and start talking to one another naturally.

Little Italy, a sensational place to just hang out. Great (safe) area and perfectly located walking distance from several fine dinning restaurants, bars/taverns, a sensational craft beer store, authentic Italian deli's and if you do stay over the weekend –do not miss out - I urge you to visit the Farmer's Market just around the block. A kaleidoscope of vendors from food, to art, novelties, music performers, and so much more. Don't forget your camera and arrive hungry!

My stay and visit to San Diego was forever changed, I will certainly return to Hotel Vyvant (highly recommended) or as I will call it 'home' away from home. Next time.... I will reserve the room with the kitchenette! As a chef I'd love to see what I can whip up and share with the other 'family' guests. ;0) Thank you all....from the bottom of my heart! We had an unforgettable time!

Room Tip: I checked out the shared shower room are not bad at all! You can lock it from the inside once you a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John P, Front Desk at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We so enjoyed having you stay with us! We enjoyed being a part of your special reunion. Hope to see you again soon!

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, but get a room AWAY from the street. The traffic noise was non stop and did not give us a restful sleep or stay. The staff and place were great otherwise. The place is under new ownership and some physical upgrades are in process that should add to the appearance and neatness of the rooms

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom0831
John P, Front Desk at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for the review. We do apologize for the traffic noise and hope you will come back soon so we can provide you a quieter room and a more pleasant stay!

Best Wishes,