All reviewshotel vyvantshared bathroomgrape streetspa tubyogurtboutique hotelbalboa parkstreet parkingwalking distanceclose to the airportqueen bedcontinental breakfastgaslamp districtnoisefreewaykitchenetteearplugs
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Little Italy Inn this Autumn during our first visit to San Diego and could not be happier with our choice. I was SO impressed by the genuine friendliness and hospitality of the entire staff - they made us feel more like friends than hotel guests. The rooms and thier furnishings were lovely and full of character. The hotel is located in a charming building in an amazing location. It is only a block from the heart of Little Italy. More than a dozen deli's, bistros, pizzarias, coffee shops, and restaurants are within easy walking distance, even for those of us with mobolty impairments, and we found the arts and music scene both diverse and exciting. The waterfront, Gaslamp Quarter and Balboa Park (which houses the famous San Diego Zoo and tons of Museums) are all within a 20-minute walk or a five minute drive of the hotel. I was initially concerned about the lack of parking at the hotel, but there is a loading and drop-off zone on the street adjacent to the hotel and we found accessible street parking (including several handicap-reserved spaces) nearby.
We really enjoyed the happy hours in the evenings, not only for the beverages (including several wines and craft beers from the area) and beautifully prepared snacks but also for the opportunity to learn more about the city from the staff, other hotel guests and locals. We picked up some excellent tips on local restaurants, entertainment venues, and museums.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay and hope to visit again in the near future.

1  Thank ml3560
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Little Italy Inn, not once, but twice this summer. The first time was back in June and I was completely boggled by the fact that this place was such a hidden gem in San Diego.

Fast forward to October and I find myself in San Diego yet again. This time with my girlfriend. Of course, we book our room at the Little Italy Inn and as soon as we walk through the door, Mitch (the manager) greets me with a big hug as if we're long lost friends. Mitch remembered me as the crazy guy who rode his bicycle from Seattle to the border of Mexico and stayed with them on the last few days of his trip before flying back to home to Boston. Yep, that's me!

Mitch was so accommodating as usual. We really enjoyed our stay at the Little Italy Inn and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality boutique hotel with a value you simply cannot believe.

P.S. - Don't miss out on the happy hour! It was the highlight of our recent stay! ;-)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this B&B for 3 nights and would recommended it to anyone looking for a charming, clean, friendly and perfectly located place to stay in San Diego. Mitch and the girls at the front desk (sorry, I am bad with names) were very helpful in giving recommendations for restaurants and activities. The B&B is nicely decorated and within walking distance from great restaurants in Little Italy, night life in Gaslamp, museums in Balboa park and even trendy Hillcrest. The breakfast features pastries, yoghurt and granola. On weekend days there is a happy hour with wine, beer and cheeses. A nice way to meet the other guests. All in all a great experience at Little Italy Inn!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KellyPhilipse
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Lovely hotel, very nice location. The owner and staff were so accommodating and helpful - really pleasant and welcoming. The room was spotless and cosy, and the bathroom, although shared, was clean and always available. Close to all Little Italy restaurants and a 5 minute walk to the coastline. The mattress was memory foam and very comfortable! Breakfast could possibly have been a bit more varied, as just pastries and muffins - but all from a local bakery and very delicious! Ice water available all the time in the reception lobby. Definitely stay here again, excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Not much to say against this great B&B. Location is perfect since everything is very close to the Inn (GasLamp, Zoo, Balboa park & the bay). We actually returned our rental 2 days in advance because of the location.
Denise (front desk op) was very helpfull giving us good restaurants references (btw go eat at Davinci on Indya street). The B&B is clean, smells good and the room was also perfect. I would recommend Little Italy Inn to my family and friends without worries.

Room Tip: All rooms are abour the same size. Maybe the rooms facing the I-5 are less noisy than the ones on Grape St.