“Completed our San Diego Experience”

Found Hotel San Diego
Ranked #5 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms with a shared bathroom. The room was extremely comfortable and the view of the back garden was lovely. Even though the location is close to the highway and airport the hotel stayed quiet all night long. Mitch was definitely one of the chillax hosts I've ever met and bent over backwards to make suggestions to other guests and myself. I will be recommending Little Italy Inn to any friends/family who plan on traveling to San Diego in the future.

Room Tip: Be aware some of the rooms do have shared bathrooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenS542

Reviewed September 13, 2012

After a great deal of research and consideration we selected this property to stay at for three of our four nights in San Diego over Labor Day weekend. In general, we were looking for that perfect combination of quality and value. We hit the jackpot this time. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Mitch. This is a guy with the perfect personality to be dealing with the public in a wide variety of occupations.Hospitality is a great fit for him.

The property is under new ownership and is undergoing many changes, including, we were told, an eventual name change. When we arrived the exterior was being repainted, and many windows were covered with plastic temporarily. Our windows were covered for maybe the first day of our stay and we were not terribly bothered by this. The day after we left was to be the day of new mattresses and bedding, and some reconfiguration of some of the rooms to allow for a wider variety of bed sizes. We had Room Q with a king bed and a kitchen. I peeked into many of the rooms whenever they were unoccupied, and I can tell you that Room D is just dreamy, all decorated in black and white toile (if it hasn't been changed...).Our room was not lacking in anything. Iron and board? Check. Hairdryer? Check? Luggage rack? Check. Safe? Check. Hangers? Check. Flat screen TV? Check. Free Wifi? Check.Plenty of towels? Check. I could go on.

The location is Little Italy was really nice. There are so many great restaurants, bars, delis, 7-11 that are all fairly nearby. And the harbor is just down the street. On the weekends they have a Happy Hour in the lobby, with beer, wine, and snacks. There's a real Bed and Breakfast feel to the place. All the guests chit chat and share what they've been doing and seeing both at the Happy Hour and at breakfast time, also in the lobby.

I can't say if I will ever be going back to visit San Diego, but I would just love to stay here again. Mitch and Denise were so friendly and helpful that we were sad to leave.

Room Tip: FYI there is no elevator, so if that's a problem you might want to get a room on the lower floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pko57
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We booked The Little Italy Inn for 2 nights whilst travelling the West Coast. It turned out to be a fantastic stay and one of the friendliest places I've ever had the pleasure of.

The owner (John) has had the place for 90 days at the time of writing and is still making a lot of changes to the dècor and amenities (none that impacted our stay I might add). The style of the Inn is very quaint and tastefully appointed with pleasant patio areas ideal for breakfast.

The staff were superb. Nothing was too much trouble, extremely friendly in a natural and down to earth way. We chatted to the owner and he mentioned that he was concentrating on getting the customer service right. He has.

I would highly recommend booking Little Italy if you are in San Diego.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jockey13
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My first impression of the Little Italy Inn in San Diego was good -- warm, friendly, efficient reception -- and that held true for all aspects of my stay. The room was very comfortable, spacious and attractive, and the reception area had a well-stocked bowl of fruit, coffee and tea and biscuits available all through the day. Another advantage was that the Inn is within walking distance of the Harbour area, and the district of Little Italy with a great collection of restaurants and cafes for a quick snack or a leisurely meal, or else somewhere to drink coffee and get online with free wi-fi. My only reservation was that my room in the Inn did not have a table or desk and chair, though I found I was able to work quite satisfactorily with my computer on my lap propped up by the copious pillows on the big bed. Others chose to work on their laptops at the big table in the communal area near reception. I will certainly stay at the Little Italy Inn whenever I visit San Diego, and would recommend it highly to anyone else visiting the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SandraTucsonAZ
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Little Italy Inn was clean, cozy, and quiet, with exceptional customer service! Location was also convenient, with the restaurants of "Little Italy" right around the corner. I stayed in one of the rooms with a shared bathroom... which is a great deal for a slight inconvenience. I was there for a week and there was hardly ever a problem of getting into the bathroom when I needed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a great experience. The facility was wonderful and Mitch and the staff were great. He knew I was a beer lover so he went out and picked up some unique brews for happy hour. That is typical of the entire staff. They want to make your stay a memorable one. If I had any complaint it would be people in the room above us. I would ask for a second floor room next time - and there will be a next time. Breakfasts were really a treat with frest fruit, yogurt and pastries. Great location in the heart of Little Italy.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms would be best!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Quaint B&B on the edge of downtown in little Italy. Walking distance to a variety of restaurants. Very safe comfortable part of town. Walking distance to SD Harbor.

I do have to say the the GM Mitch went above and beyond to assist me! I was in town 1 night for a career fair. Check out time was 11 am but Mitch went out of his way to make sure I could come back and continue to use my room to get situated well after. He also offered some much appreciated advice on the area regarding what I was specifically looking for. Every employee I encountered always had a smile on their face and made me feel very comfortable!

I highly highly recommend Little Italy in. The service and quaintness made for a very comfortable enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business