All reviews hotel vyvant shared bathroom little italy grape street spa tub yogurt balboa park boutique hotel street parking hardwood floors walking distance close to the airport home away from home queen bed nice breakfast continental breakfast location is great
Reviewed September 13, 2012

After a great deal of research and consideration we selected this property to stay at for three of our four nights in San Diego over Labor Day weekend. In general, we were looking for that perfect combination of quality and value. We hit the jackpot this time. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Mitch. This is a guy with the perfect personality to be dealing with the public in a wide variety of occupations.Hospitality is a great fit for him.

The property is under new ownership and is undergoing many changes, including, we were told, an eventual name change. When we arrived the exterior was being repainted, and many windows were covered with plastic temporarily. Our windows were covered for maybe the first day of our stay and we were not terribly bothered by this. The day after we left was to be the day of new mattresses and bedding, and some reconfiguration of some of the rooms to allow for a wider variety of bed sizes. We had Room Q with a king bed and a kitchen. I peeked into many of the rooms whenever they were unoccupied, and I can tell you that Room D is just dreamy, all decorated in black and white toile (if it hasn't been changed...).Our room was not lacking in anything. Iron and board? Check. Hairdryer? Check? Luggage rack? Check. Safe? Check. Hangers? Check. Flat screen TV? Check. Free Wifi? Check.Plenty of towels? Check. I could go on.

The location is Little Italy was really nice. There are so many great restaurants, bars, delis, 7-11 that are all fairly nearby. And the harbor is just down the street. On the weekends they have a Happy Hour in the lobby, with beer, wine, and snacks. There's a real Bed and Breakfast feel to the place. All the guests chit chat and share what they've been doing and seeing both at the Happy Hour and at breakfast time, also in the lobby.

I can't say if I will ever be going back to visit San Diego, but I would just love to stay here again. Mitch and Denise were so friendly and helpful that we were sad to leave.

Room tip: FYI there is no elevator, so if that's a problem you might want to get a room on the lower floor. But Mitch is glad to help haul luggage.................
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank pko57
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We booked The Little Italy Inn for 2 nights whilst travelling the West Coast. It turned out to be a fantastic stay and one of the friendliest places I've ever had the pleasure of.

The owner (John) has had the place for 90 days at the time of writing and is still making a lot of changes to the dècor and amenities (none that impacted our stay I might add). The style of the Inn is very quaint and tastefully appointed with pleasant patio areas ideal for breakfast.

The staff were superb. Nothing was too much trouble, extremely friendly in a natural and down to earth way. We chatted to the owner and he mentioned that he was concentrating on getting the customer service right. He has.

I would highly recommend booking Little Italy if you are in San Diego.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Jockey13
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My first impression of the Little Italy Inn in San Diego was good -- warm, friendly, efficient reception -- and that held true for all aspects of my stay. The room was very comfortable, spacious and attractive, and the reception area had a well-stocked bowl of fruit, coffee and tea and biscuits available all through the day. Another advantage was that the Inn is within walking distance of the Harbour area, and the district of Little Italy with a great collection of restaurants and cafes for a quick snack or a leisurely meal, or else somewhere to drink coffee and get online with free wi-fi. My only reservation was that my room in the Inn did not have a table or desk and chair, though I found I was able to work quite satisfactorily with my computer on my lap propped up by the copious pillows on the big bed. Others chose to work on their laptops at the big table in the communal area near reception. I will certainly stay at the Little Italy Inn whenever I visit San Diego, and would recommend it highly to anyone else visiting the city.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SandraTucsonAZ
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Little Italy Inn was clean, cozy, and quiet, with exceptional customer service! Location was also convenient, with the restaurants of "Little Italy" right around the corner. I stayed in one of the rooms with a shared bathroom... which is a great deal for a slight inconvenience. I was there for a week and there was hardly ever a problem of getting into the bathroom when I needed it.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a great experience. The facility was wonderful and Mitch and the staff were great. He knew I was a beer lover so he went out and picked up some unique brews for happy hour. That is typical of the entire staff. They want to make your stay a memorable one. If I had any complaint it would be people in the room above us. I would ask for a second floor room next time - and there will be a next time. Breakfasts were really a treat with frest fruit, yogurt and pastries. Great location in the heart of Little Italy.

Room tip: Second floor rooms would be best!
Date of stay: August 2012