All reviews hotel vyvant shared bathroom grape street spa tub yogurt boutique hotel balboa park street parking walking distance close to the airport queen bed continental breakfast gaslamp district noise freeway kitchenette earplugs
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early August. For the price, we weren't expecting much, but we figured we wouldn't be staying in our hotel too much anyway, given all the beaches nearby etc. So, we went in with fairly neutral expectations. Suffice to say, those expectations were blown away. The place is beautiful, clean, well appointed and maintained. The people working there were so friendly and helpful, from Mitch down to the rest of the crew. The location is great, easy walking to many bars and restaurants, and a quick drive to any of the beaches. The wifi is fast, there's always fresh water/drinks in the lobby, and on Fri and Sat nights there's even free wine and cheese. The rooms are small, but tidy and well appointed. If we ever go back to San Diego, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tapiodc
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I proposed to my now fiance, on a Gondola tour in Coronado. Absolutely majestic and then stayed the night at the Little Italy Inn. It was such the perfect and intimate experience ever. I looked for the perfect quaint little inn in San Diego, having just moved here 3 weeks ago from NY, and was floored when I visited and got a tour from Mitch as well as his hospitality amongst his team of staff he informed of our special night. He helped me romanticize the room by holding onto flowers, gelato, and even provided us with a bottle of champagne on ice as a gift of celebration. It truly was amazing and a night we will never forget. The breakfast was cute and charming, to sit with other guests in the morning as well as hear other staff talk about us as the newly engaged couple. It felt special that we were talked about and it showed, the team effort that Mitch involved everyone in to make us feel like the only guests in the Inn. Thank you so much for everything. We plan to return soon, and will surely ask Mitch to enjoy the wedding as he became part of our romantic journey. -Zach Chandler

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zach C
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Little Italy Inn-it was my wife's first trip to San Diego and my return trip after 40 years. Even before we arrived we were made to feel welcome in several phone calls with Mitch. He and his staff were also extremely helpful with parking and restaurant recommendations. The location of the Inn to Little Italy is also great as we could leave the car parked and walk to restaurants and shops there.

Our room was comfortable and the Continental breakfast was a definite perk-I can't be too far from coffee in the morning! Please only tell people that you really like about the Little Italy Inn - let's keep the clientele as great as the staff there!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vagabond5179
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for the second time, this time was under new ownership. Was a wonderful experience! I was in town for a conference and there were both conference and non-conference guests. This made for wonderful conversations during the continental breakfast (consisting of cereal, fruit, yogurt, and local pastries) and the Friday happy hour. They are supporting other businesses in the neighborhood as the happy hour beers came from the neighboring Bottlecraft Beer store. I had a room with a shared bathroom and never encountered a time where I wanted to use the bathroom and had to wait. Pets are allowed. As a guest without any pets, and room neighbors with two dogs, I heard only briefly the dogs when I was out in the hall walking. As soon as I shut the door, they were quiet and never heard them while sleeping or in the morning. This is a wonderful place to stay in San Diego for guests traveling solo, for business, or couples looking for a relaxing time. I will definitely stay here again when I go back to San Diego. The best way to describe this is a wonderful Inn, great management, and a little gem in San Diego. My only concern is that others will find out how wonderful and relaxing the Little Italy Inn is, causing it to become so well known that I will have difficulty reserving a room there in the future. So tell a few people about it, but not too many!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Awor
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I just got home from spending three nights at The Little Italy Inn. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out, service was the word. I was welcomed upon arrival by a smiling Kaitlyn, and brought to my room. The inn, itself, reminded me of my grandmother's 1900's house in San Francisco. The room was very charming, and it felt like I was in a home rather than a hotel. The location was perfect; right in Little Italy and close to public transportation. Every time I left or arrived during my stay, I was greeted and asked how my day was. I was given excellent suggestions for dinner by Lorraine, who also helped me negotiate public transportation to the zoo. Mitch, the general manager, was a personable guy who was generally interested in my comfort and satisfaction. He even asked me what I thought of some of the improvements he had planned for the inn. The continental breakfast at the community table was very nice. The little touches like the fruit bowl and cold water with lemon was always nice to have throughout the day. I have paid double the price at other inns that were clearly inferior. I can't wait till my next visit to The Little Italy Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo