All reviewshotel vyvantshared bathroomgrape streetspa tubyogurtboutique hotelbalboa parkstreet parkingwalking distanceclose to the airportqueen bedcontinental breakfastgaslamp districtnoisefreewaykitchenetteearplugs
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Little Italy Inn-it was my wife's first trip to San Diego and my return trip after 40 years. Even before we arrived we were made to feel welcome in several phone calls with Mitch. He and his staff were also extremely helpful with parking and restaurant recommendations. The location of the Inn to Little Italy is also great as we could leave the car parked and walk to restaurants and shops there.

Our room was comfortable and the Continental breakfast was a definite perk-I can't be too far from coffee in the morning! Please only tell people that you really like about the Little Italy Inn - let's keep the clientele as great as the staff there!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vagabond5179
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for the second time, this time was under new ownership. Was a wonderful experience! I was in town for a conference and there were both conference and non-conference guests. This made for wonderful conversations during the continental breakfast (consisting of cereal, fruit, yogurt, and local pastries) and the Friday happy hour. They are supporting other businesses in the neighborhood as the happy hour beers came from the neighboring Bottlecraft Beer store. I had a room with a shared bathroom and never encountered a time where I wanted to use the bathroom and had to wait. Pets are allowed. As a guest without any pets, and room neighbors with two dogs, I heard only briefly the dogs when I was out in the hall walking. As soon as I shut the door, they were quiet and never heard them while sleeping or in the morning. This is a wonderful place to stay in San Diego for guests traveling solo, for business, or couples looking for a relaxing time. I will definitely stay here again when I go back to San Diego. The best way to describe this is a wonderful Inn, great management, and a little gem in San Diego. My only concern is that others will find out how wonderful and relaxing the Little Italy Inn is, causing it to become so well known that I will have difficulty reserving a room there in the future. So tell a few people about it, but not too many!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Awor
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I just got home from spending three nights at The Little Italy Inn. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out, service was the word. I was welcomed upon arrival by a smiling Kaitlyn, and brought to my room. The inn, itself, reminded me of my grandmother's 1900's house in San Francisco. The room was very charming, and it felt like I was in a home rather than a hotel. The location was perfect; right in Little Italy and close to public transportation. Every time I left or arrived during my stay, I was greeted and asked how my day was. I was given excellent suggestions for dinner by Lorraine, who also helped me negotiate public transportation to the zoo. Mitch, the general manager, was a personable guy who was generally interested in my comfort and satisfaction. He even asked me what I thought of some of the improvements he had planned for the inn. The continental breakfast at the community table was very nice. The little touches like the fruit bowl and cold water with lemon was always nice to have throughout the day. I have paid double the price at other inns that were clearly inferior. I can't wait till my next visit to The Little Italy Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GTMetro
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just finishing my stay at the Little Italy Inn in San Diego. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Starting with the service. Impeccable. The friendliest staff at any establishment I've ever stayed at. The general manager Mitch, the girls at the front desk, Lorain and Kaitlin, and the owner John were all so warm and accommodating.

I was planning to leave early one morning before breakfast and when I asked Lorain to arrange a cab for me she immediately offered to pack me a breakfast. When I had my hands full coming in one afternoon, Mitch came right over and used his key to get my door so I wouldn't have to dig for mine. These are the kinds of things that took place throughout my stay. Furthermore, everyone on staff did a great job of helping me select places to eat and things to do and providing me with maps of the area.

The stay included breakfast each morning, which included, yogurt, granola, coffee and OJ, oatmeal, and many wonderful pastries and muffins. They also had happy hour on Friday and Saturday with cheese and crackers, wine one night, and excellent craft brews another. During happy hour the staff made me feel so at home it was like hanging out with friends.

The inn itself is quaint and intimate with very comfortable beds and my room had a very nice shower with a rain type shower head. The location in Little Italy is fantastic right around the corner from India street which is chock full of great little restaurants, shops and bars. I recommend dinner at Buon Appetito!

I highly recommend this place if you are planning a stay in San Diego. Thanks to the staff for a truly wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank jpoirier451
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Like others have commented. This is a great place to stay and the new owner, Mitch, is great. He's friendly knowledgeable, and focused on delivering anything the customer needs. In addition, every culinary recommendation he made was spot on and excellent. The staff was also very welcoming of pets and treated my dog like part of the family. I've already recommended this property to several people because of its owners and its charm. It is a true gem in Little Italy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family