All reviews hotel vyvant shared bathroom grape street spa tub yogurt boutique hotel balboa park street parking walking distance close to the airport queen bed continental breakfast gaslamp district noise freeway kitchenette earplugs
Reviewed July 11, 2012

After cycling from Seattle to the border of Mexico, I was ready to get off my bike and settle down in San Diego for a few days before my flight back to Boston. I searched for places to stay downtown but the results were either were too expensive or simply lacked the "home sweet home" atmosphere that I was looking for. I found a recommendation for the Little Italy Inn on wikitravel and as soon as I saw the rooms and the prices, my mind was set. I would stay at the Little Italy Inn.

I contacted the staff via their webpage and the manager (Mitch) responded to my inquiry and informed me that there was an opening for me. I booked the economy room for $70/night and when I arrived at the hotel I was instantly greeted by Mitch. I immediately felt as if I was at home. This is exactly what I needed! Mitch showed me to my room and informed me of all the amenities that the property offers.

Upon entering my room, I was amazed at how it looked more like a well decorated room in a house versus those typical big brand name hotel rooms that are bland and all look the same. The A/C was nice and cold and checking into the Little Italy Inn ended up being a perfect ending to a 1700 mile bicycle trip.

I stayed one night in the Economy room and then decided that I would splurge a little for the next three nights and upgrade to the King Spa room which had a jacuzzi tub, ensuite bathroom, mini-fridge, flat panel tv, and more. I couldn't have made a better choice!

Conclusion:

I've traveled the world and have stayed in accommodations from hostels to luxury 5 star resorts. When it comes to feeling at home, nothing beats the Little Italy Inn. Trust me!

The location of this hotel couldn't get any better. Little Italy reminds me of the North End back home in Boston. Each night I strolled up and down the street trying new restaurants and enjoyed the people watching. Give this place a shot, you won't regret it and your wallet will be thrilled with your choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We usually have stayed in Pacific Beach when we visit San Diego but our daughter recently moved near Little Italy. I am so happy she did and happier that we discovered Little Italy Inn. We visited for three nights the first week of July. Our room was really clean and comfortable. The property reminded more of a boutique hotel than a bed and breakfast. It really was close to many bars and restaurants. Mitch, one of the owners, was great to deal with. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob H
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Little Italy Inn for 4 nights during our recent first trip to San Diego. If you are a B and B person, this is the place to stay. The new owner Mitch is so knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and funny too! Every restaurant recommendation was excellent, tourist tips were right on, and he never hesitated to print tickets, directions etc for me (and I asked for many!). The room was clean, cozy and had lots of charm and personality. The breakfast was great, great pastries, coffee and even fruit, granola and yogurt. They had a happy hour with wine and cheese, which was extremely generous. The neighborhood is convenient. It was a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back away from the street and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Diane D
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for 4th of July and we are definitely returning. It's only a block away from all the great restaurants that Little Italy has to offer and less than a mile and a half from the heart of the Gaslamp and Horton Plaza in downtown San Diego. The decor is very unique and classy and holds true to what you would expect of a European style bed and breakfast. The manager and staff make you feel very welcome and even the other guests were nice and sociable. We stayed in one of the rooms with a spa that was a good size but the jets weren't very strong; they were more like a lot of therapeutic bubbles. And don't expect a big breakfast, just your standard pastries, toast with spreads, orange juice and coffee but when you're that close to so many good restaurants, it shouldn't really matter.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cjgdaddy
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a little jewel in the heart of San Diego! A very warm quaint place to stay and the new owners are a delight! We felt pampered when we left. Try it, you will love it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple